gday, another newbie here.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, im samantha from sydney and have got the bug to go prospecting. about 20 odd years ago i went with friends to hillend for the first time. on the way we had a huge storm come through and dump a heap of rain. it cut of the road for about half hour just before sofalia. when we did get to hillend we drove straight to the common camp ground. as i opened the door of the car, before i even steped foot on the ground, it was staring at me. i could not believe it, a little 3.6gram nugget waiting for me . i have been back but havent done any prospecting yet, had a good look around the area and have decided to try to get down the bridaltrack to the river. any suggestions as to where along there is a good place to start? Near the water crossing?, near the hole in the wall?, or further along near the camp area?
I dont want your places just a rough idea as where to start. any info would be great, also im still old school and rellie on paper maps.

Welcome to the Forum
Unless you have a 4wd do not attempt the trip down the Bridal Track from the Hill End end as the road is extremely rough and rutted at the moment. The council currently have a grader working on it but how far down the track it gets is still to be seen. Currently it takes over an hour to travel the 9 km to the Turon.
If you are panning head down to Tambaroora instead. It 5 km north of Hill End on the Mudgee road and you will generally get colour in every pan if you pick the right spot.
If your detecting, then the Common is the place to start as there are heaps of locations to detect with the chance of finding a nugget.

When you make the trip up here to Hill End let me know and we can meet up and I will point you in the right direction for panning at Tambaroora or where to detet on the Common
Just PM me or ask for me in the pub and the bar staff will let you know where to find me.

cheers

Bob

Latest posts