Garrett ATX vs Minelab SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe

Reaction score
Well, Chris took out his new toy hoping to give it christening. Ive joined in to see if I could keep up with the ATX. **Conclusion Similar**with strength. We even trough in the SD2100 and the el-cheapo Aldi. Lol

Results ATX leading 1:0

1407057327_img_0354_t.jpg

1407057373_img_0275.jpg

1407057399_img_0273.jpg

Sweet post and good on the ATX! How big is that nugget? Do you plan to do any depth comparisons with the atx and sdc? Would love to know how much of the sdc is just good old fashioned hype

nuggetino said:
Sweet post and good on the ATX! How big is that nugget? Do you plan to do any depth comparisons with the atx and sdc? Would love to know how much of the sdc is just good old fashioned hype

7 grams + or - mate, Funny thing the Aldi Detector registered the nuggie (air test) at 13.5cm
1407059888_img_0276.jpg

more comparison tests will be done out of curiosity next outing.

LazyTrommel said:
I want both!
LT- I recon either would do the job, I'll ask Chris if we can swap for a day next time around. The sd2100 was finding similar size target as well.

Mackka said:
I think the Aldi is winning!
Hehehe
Mackka

Lol , Dozers account after spending $99.00 is positive . My ATX still owes me heaps but that may have something to do with the occasional trip out - not enough detecting hours. :)

It was a great day out. Lots of laughs and detector ( mines bigger than yours ) bashing. :eek: Joe I think you were lucky that I decided to follow you down the gully instead of going first, or else it would have been 1-0 to the Aldi. ;)

Dozer said:
It was a great day out. Lots of laughs and detector ( mines bigger than yours ) bashing. :eek: Joe I think you were lucky that I decided to follow you down the gully instead of going first, or else it would have been 1-0 to the Aldi. ;)

Down the gully into Dave's glory honey hole. Yes - Aldi would have been paid 3 times over Dozer and the score would have been 1-0 to Aldi in deed.

I dont like going home empty handed ( Don't worry Dave i'll look after that nugget for you - just like the last one) :) - give the man a beer and he'll let you poke around in his hole. :D Who said anything about claimjumping? (I call it trading) | Right?

Hmmmmm........"conclusion smilar"
Arnt you quick to draw conclusions my friend..... :)
Now that I got some time lets put this into perspective. This quick "Fun Run' wasnt done to enhance the flailing image of the ATX of give cudos to the SDC but merely to see if the SDC was really capable of picking up after the other machines.
Lets set the scene.
We located a patch to detect and decided to run the machines consecutively behind each other.
The ATX took the lead with the intention to see what it MISSED when the SDC mopped up behind you.
Just as a note I had to stay behind you a good 20m or so because the amount of EMI the ATX sent out was scaring the birds out of the trees.
I think that the pictures you posted pretty much cover the results. After following your detecting line as close as possible I did manage to ping a few more littluns that the ATX didnt register. I thought that was pretty good going for the SDC. What you neglected to mention in the air test was that the ATX registered 14cm and the SDC did 17.5cm. Not a real scientific test but man it got some great laughs when we compared it to the Aldi air test.
Now as for the nuggie no one can take that away from you. Well done. But I keep getting this image of a very angry monkey waving its arms about chasing you out of his Prospecting hole[the natives are restless my friend] .
I think a remach is on the cards for sure. Only this time its every man and machine on their own and away from other peoples holes.[geez that monkey was pissed].
Bottom line as I see it ,it was a very quick and fun day out. Both machines played well and there were more laughs than anything else [except for the poor monkey]
Cheers
Chris

I think the Aldi found more littluns than both of you. I also had no problems with interference from your mega dollar machines, not even a hum.
Hmmm ATX 14 cm, SDC 17.5cm, at aprox $3000-$4000 each. Aldi 13.5cm at $99.
Imagine if it did find the nugget first. I can see it now, mass peak hour rush to Aldi stores. :eek:
I would be more than happy to give my Aldi to the angry monkey for jumping his hole with results like that. :cool:

ChrisM said:
Hmmmmm........"conclusion smilar"
Arnt you quick to draw conclusions my friend..... :)
Now that I got some time lets put this into perspective. This quick "Fun Run' wasnt done to enhance the flailing image of the ATX of give cudos to the SDC but merely to see if the SDC was really capable of picking up after the other machines.
Lets set the scene.
We located a patch to detect and decided to run the machines consecutively behind each other.
The ATX took the lead with the intention to see what it MISSED when the SDC mopped up behind you.

After digging bird shot after bird shot and more lead Ive decided to change strategy.(Im all for cleanup Australia but not on a fun Day out) Putting on my Virtual Glasses to see where the flood waters would take me. If I decided to dig every target you boys would have not moved from your original starting point- Now that wouldnt be fun Day out.

Just as a note I had to stay behind you a good 20m or so because the amount of EMI the ATX sent out was scaring the birds out of the trees.

Yes Interference was bad I must admit

I think that the pictures you posted pretty much cover the results. After following your detecting line as close as possible I did manage to ping a few more littluns that the ATX didnt register. I thought that was pretty good going for the SDC. What you neglected to mention in the air test was that the ATX registered 14cm and the SDC did 17.5cm. Not a real scientific test but man it got some great laughs when we compared it to the Aldi air test.

Now that you reminded me lol You have chickened out when the target was buried 4 inches, And it goes like this - Aldi barely picked up the target scraping the surface at 4 inches, the SD2100 on the same target picked it up nicely by George with a lift of the coil to about an inch after that it sounded like ground noise. Now ATX with sensitivity 13 same target 4 inches buried with coil of the ground another 4-5 inches had no problem picking the target. At this point you were either too buggered from digging pellets all day or scared lol.

Now as for the nuggie no one can take that away from you. Well done. But I keep getting this image of a very angry monkey waving its arms about chasing you out of his Prospecting hole[the natives are restless my friend] .
I think a remach is on the cards for sure. Only this time its every man and machine on their own and away from other peoples holes.[geez that monkey was pissed].

Rematch for sure: :O) Are you suggesting we should of brought a case of Bananas instead of beer?

Bottom line as I see it ,it was a very quick and fun day out. Both machines played well and there were more laughs than anything else [except for the poor monkey]

Good laugh for sure. Ill make sure Dave gets his cut mate. :D

Cheers
Chris

Cheers J

Dozer said:
I think the Aldi found more littluns than both of you. I also had no problems with interference from your mega dollar machines, not even a hum.
Hmmm ATX 14 cm, SDC 17.5cm, at aprox $3000-$4000 each. Aldi 13.5cm at $99.
Imagine if it did find the nugget first. I can see it now, mass peak hour rush to Aldi stores. :eek:
I would be more than happy to give my Aldi to the angry monkey for jumping his hole with results like that. :cool:

You crack me up Dozer, Next trip i'll bring Bananas and " $2 Dowsing Rods - Brazing rods just to go agains the Aldi :D " Chris needs to spend more time with his SDC if he wants to even the score in our next match. :)

" Chris needs to spend more time with his SDC if he wants to even the score in our next match. :)

Thems there fightin' words boy. Your on !!!!
Im thinking next weekend away we head to Ophir and chase down the old possum hole.... :D

ChrisM said:
" Chris needs to spend more time with his SDC if he wants to even the score in our next match. :)

Thems there fightin' words boy. Your on !!!!
Im thinking next weekend away we head to Ophir and chase down the old possum hole.... :D

Ready for a match, bring your nappies old mate ohh and your SDC :) . I'll even challenge you down the 65 feet shaft for a swing if you can make it down there :D

The other way of looking at it- if Chris wins the match I will have to spray my atx blue lol

Blue is well known as a peaceful, calming color, within the passive range.
Pastel blue for that reason is commonly used in psychiatric wards, hospitals,cells within the prison system and Police interview rooms.
Read into that what you wish. 8)

Latest posts