Garrett 15" super sluice pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beagleboy

Milan
Reaction score
It seems that Minerden don't sell them anymore. Does anyone know another place in Melbourne where I could get one?

Eldorado bound Yer? Probably sort out a bloke in need if you can do a bit of a slight detour. Pm if you need to borrow one.

Thanks mate. I think that's the pan to have for flour gold for sure. I like the wide bottom that the 14" does not have. I am heading to Eldorado at Easter so I am sure I can get one before that. This weekend I am catching up with Balx in Gippsland to check out the creek near by. Thank you for your generous offer. I hope to catch up with you soon. :)

I dont underdtand why a miners den would stop selling them. Out of stock? Just seems a bit silly that they would stop selling possibly the best pan on the market.

If the large bottom os what you're after you can get a blue keene pan from geoff at prospecting supplies they are awesome on fine gold in completely converted its my no 1 pan these days

Greglz86 said:
I dont underdtand why a miners den would stop selling them. Out of stock? Just seems a bit silly that they would stop selling possibly the best pan on the market.

I think youll find theees been no new stock for some months. Even garrett dont seem to have stock on them. On that note beagleboy did you call garrett australia?

Greglz86 said:
It seems like they don't sell any more Garrett stuff. They still advertise them on their site though. It is a very good pan so I don't get it either.

G0lddigg@ said:
If the large bottom os what you're after you can get a blue keene pan from geoff at prospecting supplies they are awesom bon fine gold in completely converted its my no 1 pan these days
I checked his site as I bought stuff from him before. I got my AM Boss from him. I might get that one as well and make my mind up once I use them with flour gold. Thanks for the heads up. :)

G0lddigg@ said:
Greglz86 said:

I think youll find theees been no new stock for some months. Even garrett dont seem to have stock on them. On that note beagleboy did you call garrett australia?
I did not call Garrett but that's what I was told couple of weeks ago. Since the weather has been rather wet this summer they ran out of stock. When I dropped in today they said they don't sell them anymore. ?????

Greglz86 said:
Unless I am wrong that's what I was told. Beats me too. :)

Would be interested to see how the turbopan would do at eldorado

i reckon with the flat gold at eldorado it might just shine. Certainly has the large flat base i dont use mine anymore your welcome to it beagleboy. I can pop it in the post if you like i wont miss it let me know mate

1425467562_turbopan__29098.1410666662.1280.1280.jpg

Send it over mate and pm me your email address so I can pay for the pan and shipping. We might even make a video of the different pans with flour gold and post our opinions on the forum. It would certainly be interesting to compare.

pjg100 said:
Give Detect-a-Den a call, they are a sponsor of the forum.

Yep, I went to Miners Den that day I rang you Beagle. - they advertise that they sell them but now they trying go away from them.

They're a Minelab dealer & not a Garrett Dealer. Selling Garrett stuff was a conflict of some sort...

A fortnight ago I ended up ordering via Detecta Den... Order on friday had it on Wednesday.

I went to Miners Den Mitcham and got the same story as Ag Man so i ordered from GARRETT online after ascertaining that they actually had stock on shore (been bitten before by suppliers) and they shipped it yesterday out of Queensland so should lob in here today / tomorrow hopefully.

casper

Latest posts