Garage Lock

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had an inside lock installed on the floor of my garage which is screwed in and flips over the middle bit of the garage door where it can have a padlock placed. Nobody can open the garage door from inside or outside.

HarryHoudini said:
battery angle grinder
Also the inside garage door to house has a dead lock. The house & garage is alarmed & all windows & doors have locks & are crimsafed. My Troopy & detectors are too prescious, along with all the gold tools made & bought, etc. I'm retired too, so I'm around. My camper trailer has lock covers & wheel locks.
I'm a stickler for security & safety.

You just run straight at them and they all buckle in the middle and pop out of the tracks, just ends up swinging there, use to install B&D doors a lifetime ago.

We recently had a back to base alarm system from ADT replaced by one that works with the NBN. After the fire alarm was connected the installer a nice french guy (my wife said) he comes out and says that all an alarm system really does is restrict the time a burglar will actually want to stay inside---so....Stay at home and vegetate or pay your insurance and have fun. :( :mad:

I thought I had the guts ducks of security to my shed, necessary because my gun safe is in there.
Got up one morning, opened the shed locks and door and as I switched on the power noticed that although still locked the door handle of the gun safe was slightly askew.
Back inside the house to fetch the keys, opened the locks (2).....safe completely empty. Eleven firearms stolen just like that.

Police called and arrived to record details, fingerprint dusting carried out, it seems that I was only one of a number of firearm owners hit in Northern NSW at that time but all the same modus operandi...disable the twin motion sensing lights above the door, (one stands on the others shoulders, tape over the sensing element) pick the locks, re lock and leave no trace.

Gave up on the idea of replacing the firearms (luckily), 12 months later they returned to help themselves to 2 honda generators, drills, tools, around 100 fishing lures, baitcast reels, Garmin gps, after over a year I am still noticing things missing.
Luckily my detector and other valuable were in the inside spare room, they would have gone otherwise.

Its pretty bloody disheartening, especially the shoulder shrug attitude of mister plod.

HarryHoudini wrote:

"battery angle grinder"

I think HH has it correct for our gear left alone in the bush while off prospecting.

I just thought through my need to replace a couple of simple number coded padlocks I was using to purchase something more substantial.

I considered a larger set of keyed alike padlocks with heft and elected to purchase a less expensive set because they are only to thwart the opportunistic theif - to cosider the battery powered portable cutting grinder in this equation it doesnt matter what you choose.

The battery powered implements available today are excellent tools.

Latest posts