Help required getting CCTV on line.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2lateagain

Too old to care anyway.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have recently replaced an old CCTV setup with PoE recorder and cameras around my garage/yard, it is all working well to the recorder, but I am struggling trying to understand how to get it so I can view it on my laptop in the house. I have a cat5 cable running from the house to the garage where I have a router and an old laptop that assists with my calculations on the metal lathe.
The things I am struggling with is DynDNS. Is this the name of the camera makers, my internet provider or someone else? The server address, again is it my internet provider name or in numbers or the number of the recorder.. eg 192.16.0.12 ?
I think that the Domain name is actually my internet provider, the user name I assume is mine as is also the password.
I have tried for many hours and different combinations of all setups and combinations that I can think of, but keep getting "connection failed". The version 2 of the recorder I have purchased states that it has provision for internet connection. I also tried to contact the makers of the CCTV, but they required answers to too many things that did not seem to be relevant to me., them being Chinese.

Graham

Bloke had the same issue with that type set up and then again when I put an Arlo system in recently. Arlo ended up being conflict in wi fi and had to change the channel number of the Arlo wi fi. I mention this as presume you are not wi fi but cabled ? Conflict being the key word here. The 192.16.0.12 would be the IP address of the recorder, Server I would presume to be the carrier that transmits your data? I would check your router for all things connected to it to see if you have a conflicting IP address ? As in two things trying to connect with same IP? This turned out to be the issue with my earlier cabled set up. If so you would need to change the IP address of one. Thats about all I have for you fella sorry 🤔

Diginit from information I have received this afternoon, you are on the money, it is a conflict with numbers and a conflict within my brain just trying to get around what I am trying to do, but things are becoming a bit clearer, will try again tomorrow to see if I have got it right this time.

All
Diginit from information I have received this afternoon, you are on the money, it is a conflict with numbers and a conflict within my brain just trying to get around what I am trying to do, but things are becoming a bit clearer, will try again tomorrow to see if I have got it right this time.
All good hope you sort it. 👍 Can relate to how it starts to make your head spin, have actually sorted a few issues in a manner that left a lot of parts on the floor :rolleyes: If you google you should find how you can log into router and it will show all the items you have connected, both their IP and Mac address. A good chance the IP you require is already being used.

Had another go this morning, but no luck, so will leave it alone for a few more days, but I did get the satisfaction of fixing a router that would work when it felt like it, it now does not work at all after it got squashed in a press and a few taps with a hammer to make sure, so that is one problem fixed. Was not really involved with the CCTV, but did make me feel better and I decided to stop while I was ahead. crash.gif

Latest posts