Friday night what is this?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody offering a new item, so what is this?

1605600313_6cc5f387-19f6-411f-976b-ab7016374d7d.jpg

That looks like a socket or similar almost out of view in the bottom right corner Manpa, and there is a groove at the top that the wire handle thing could engage in, so I'll go out on a limb and say it's some pre-ratchet days equivalent of a wheel brace or nut removing/tightening contraption???

P.S. I guess you could use it as a Gomco too, but it would make one hell of a mess...... :lol:

Would I be right Manpa, if I said it would hang vertical from those two eyes on the left, you would then grab that tapered casting thing (which would be hanging down) along with that stirrup shaped things nearest side to it, at the same time causing it to engage in the slot meaning you can now push it back and forth (which would then allow you to say ring a bell hanging from the little U part at the bottom or cause something to move back and forth like a miners cradle or something?

Deepseeker said:
Would I be right Manpa, if I said it would hang vertical from those two eyes on the left, you would then grab that tapered casting thing (which would be hanging down) along with that stirrup shaped things nearest side to it, at the same time causing it to engage in the slot meaning you can now push it back and forth (which would then allow you to say ring a bell hanging from the little U part at the bottom or cause something to move back and forth like a miners cradle or something?

sadly you couldnt be be further away from the truth if you tried, it has nothing to do with mining. You did however use the word stirrup, which may give you a clue to its use.

Ill let this run until tomorrow morning because I think someone will get it.