Free Bosuns Whistle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is free to the first one that PM me with their Service Number and address who served in the war
I would like this to go to someone that will look after it as a keepsake
My kids said they didn't want it (one is still serving the other is now a Cop)
I have tried to research it but can find nothing
in the second photo you can see some slight damage near the bowel
1489801458_100_62031.jpg

1489801485_100_62021.jpg

It's for whistling for bosun's, :lol: :lol: :lol: the bosun chair is a harness that takes you to the top of the mast :eek: I've been up one :D
Sooo in general it's for boat people :lol: :lol: :lol: had a few boat people in my family, guarantee you have all heard one somewhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn8gASbAxkA

B5MECH said:
It's for whistling for bosun's, :lol: :lol: :lol: the bosun chair is a harness that takes you to the top of the mast :eek: I've been up one :D
Sooo in general it's for boat people :lol: :lol: :lol: had a few boat people in my family, guarantee you have all heard one somewhere
that utube link is spot on thanks mate

7.62marksman said:
B5MECH said:
that utube link is spot on thanks mate
There used to be a show back in the 80's that had a bosun's whistle used as least twice or more in it just can't remember the name of it :rolleyes:
I has me stumped, I'll remember the name of it in a week and go dam that's right :lol: :lol:
Not Gilligan's Island and I never watched the Love Boat :8 just can't put my thumb on it :lol: :lol:
cool whistle though, would annoy the neighbors a lot if your kids got a hold of it :eek: :Y:

7.62marksman said:
i know the one you are talking about and no i can't remember what it was
It's bothering me now :lol: :lol: :lol: it could have been a Navy tv show maybe :/
This will bother me for the rest of the day if I don't find the answer :eek: :lol: :lol:

That was a funny show, I was almost thinking Patrol Boat but still not sure, someone on PA would have to remember it :/

gee 7.62
you got me searching through my old navy stuff now.
I know I have one somewhere, can't put my hands on it.

Cool looking bw

NeilM said:
gee 7.62
you got me searching through my old navy stuff now.
I know I have one somewhere, can't put my hands on it.

Cool looking bw
thats the problem you know you have it but where tbh is it
i know how you feel
i have lost a watch i know its here somewhere

Never fear NeilM or 7.62...i misplaced my much used and loved 'Leatherman' and pouch...just *whoosh*..disappeared one day.

It turned up today, 2 yrs later, while i was looking for some bits & pieces while i was plating a job up... :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

You just never know when it will reveal itself....

Now i gotta go and apologize to someone... :8 :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok i have had a very kind offer from another PM member (i won't mention his name but we all know who)
that whoever gets this he will do a 24K plate for that person if they want it done
now who could knock that back
come on guys and girls someone out there must know someone that fits the criteria 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

Can he gold plate my ATGold :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y: and maybe my headphones :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.