Free Antimalware ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I have had some issues on my Computer and Tathradj has recommended that I use a Free antimalware... But I am finding everything I look at only has a trial period before I have to pay... :( And Now im very confused with it all as im not real computer savvy....

Can anyone recommend something that is good and is actually FREE and doesn't cost anything after a trial period ?

LW....

If I think I have a problem I download Malwarebytes use it and then delete it.
But I have used CCleaner for years and it's good to me but I run it before I switch my pc of every time.
AVG was good as well. Not sure if its free anymore.

Sorry I forgot to add that I use Trend Micro as my Internet Security so im after something that will work with that... im hopeless with stuff like this. :zzz:

LW....

Antimalwarebytes is number 1
(That is the one I meant. )
SpyBot, Search and destroy number 2

Ccleaner, Brillant but run it after you have
run one of the one's up there. Both the file cleaner
and then run the registry cleaner.
Reboot straight after.

All of them are free with paid versions if you want.

Thinking you may be able to delete them ...

Best ask Doug tho as he know what he is talking about...

I am going to put Trend on mine

Goody

Yes Goodie, Doug and I have been chatting about it... After doing what He Recommended, I feel my Computer is running soooo much better... :eek: :D

Trend is a good product, but doesn't cover everything as I have found out tonight... :/

Thanks for everybody's Help... :Y: :perfect:

LW.... :koala:

I use Malwarebytes. It is excellent against malware.
There's a 10 day free trial. Download that.
At the end of the trial period, it reverts to a simpler system, but still works in the background.

I followed Dougs recommendations and it has taken me this long to delete all of it as I have had nothing but issues since. I couldn't log into PA for an example.. I FEEL THESE XYZ ARE VERY GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO...

So This is the story of what happened to me... And I value any opinion on this...

I received a txt message a few days ago saying that my email password has been changed from a location 40kms away from me. I didn't change a thing.. This alarmed me so I changed all passwords on my computer and phone...

After that, strange things were happening on my phone that was linked to my email... Missing credit at 2 am when We were asleep ect confirmed by Optus ... The phone is an IPhone 5s and a hand me down from my daughter..
My daughters bank was hacked taking all her pay 2yrs ago and she used the phone I have now to do lots of ebay purchases and banking... I cant upgrade the operating system as im requested to do so every time I go to use my phone as apple has stopped all support for the 5s... So I deleted my email account from the phone...
Thought that would break the link between the two and stop this...

Then I started to have issues with my desktop icons changing on my computer and at different locations every time i opened up my laptop. this has been happening just after I cut the email link on the phone.. I had a shakey curser, flashing screen, double pages and slow to load....just weird things. .. This I feel is a sign that someone is doing things and are waiting to attack me... I do not do any banking or stuff like that so im sure my personal bank accounts are safe... and my paypal account has the same amount of 5c. as I personally deposit to the bank, the exact amount into this special account with a different bank for such purchases..
All this is beyond my knowledge of computers ,so I asked Doug to help... and he did...

now after deleting what Doug recommended it seems all is back to normal but im still worried...

Should I be?

Im running Trend micro as my net security and scan often...

Should I change all passwords again? :argh:

or just smash the computer and phone and get new one as im frustrated. :mad:

Computer Rage I think that is called as I feel I would get great satisfaction but at a heavy monetary loss to me... :mad:

Any ideas as to what is going on? Hacked? Spoofed? (whatever that is) or being Spied on by zyx's :skull:

LW....

Now you have come this far,
Go into CCleaner,
Tick all the box,s down the left hand side
answer yes to the prompt's.
Except the last one. " Wipe Free Space. "
You only run that over night. It takes a long time.
Your saved passwords (Which is a big No No, Will dissapear.)
Your history and every thing like that will also go.
And, If some thing else goes, There was something wrong with it.

That will clean things out even more, Safely. :)

Yep. Agreed. :)
If they are in there, There is some thing wrong with them.
Any type of actions by these programs does carry a slight
risk of inadvertently deleting data.

There are a lot more heavier ways of doing things. I won't
go into it here.

That is why " Thou Shalt Backup. "

Wishfull said:
LoneWolf said:
Ok done the Antimalware ...287 Threats Detected.... I wasn't sure what to do with them so I put them into Quarantine.... Is this the right thing to do?

LW....
Why quarantine the threats just delete them.

The idea behind a quarantine zone is it gives you a chance to have a look through all of the possibly harmful files before deleting them, just in case there is something in there that you actually want to keep. Or you might recognise that a dodgy file came to you via a relative or a mate, so you have a chance to let them know that they too could have a problem.

Guys,

Theres no doubt that bugs, Trojans, viruses, etc are a b1tch and a hassle we could all do without. Ive used all the software mentioned above and more in an effort to keep my laptop clean.

But one piece of software that I only came across about 6 months ago that seems to solve pretty much all security-related problems is the Brave browser. Its free. Just search for it, download and install and select as your default browser. Its based on Google Chrome (so is familiar to use and you can directly import all your links from other browsers too) and comes with a heap of security features. Its also got an inbuilt ad-blocker, so all your pages load up a lot quicker without downloading the ads first and no pop-ups.

There is some kind of reward system in there too with Brave bits or something, that can convert to crypto of some description but I cant be bothered looking into that. Thats not why I got it.

Since using the Brave browser I havent had any problems full stop.
I highly recommend you check it out.

Regards,
Zengeo

Thanks Guys and Gals... I took my phone and Computer into a fella I know and we have solved all the issues I had... It came from my Phone... They have been into my Computer for quite some time and We also used some of the Recommendations mentioned here... All good now...
I will never have my email linked to my phone anymore..
I couldn't Delete them as when the page loaded part of it was off to one side so I couldn't see the Delete icon... All done and gone now...

Once again Thanks for the Help Members...
I need to back up with an external HD and then im totally good to complete the tasks that you have recommended Doug... :Y: :Y: And my mate says thank you and he will use what you suggested in the future too.... Champ as always.. :Y:
I have a lot of stuff and prefer to use an external HD... Just works out easier for me that way..

Sorry Goodie, We used what Doug and others have recommended... Antimalware bytes and Cc cleaner and something else I can't recall the name of... :Y:

LW....

MalwareBytes has always been my number one go to.

Pretty rare that I have ever had to resort to using anything else.

Latest posts