Forsayth here I come.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Doing a bit of fossicking tourism for a couple of weeks starting next week. Fly to Cairns with the gear, meet up with by brother and heading off to Forsayth. I always wanted to get to Agate Creek as a kid because I collected rocks, and now fifty years later am finally making that trip -- to look for gold. Went up the Cape York last year to a few gold areas but lots of green tape, red tape and Land Rights tape so not easy to get onto ground. Found one specimen that as they say, was that. :( Need contacts on the ground or live in the area. Stay safe and find plenty!

Good luck up there on the Agates and Gold!

Hope you find some beauties! Looking forward to seeing how you go. Wonderful place to be at this time of year.

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Imadogman,
I think I will be spending a couple of weeks up there in September. I thought I would head up to Forsayth instead of my usual trip to the Triangle looking for fly poop. My Mum took me to Agate Creek when I was a young lad and I still have a the nice piece of banded agate I found there. Memories !
Good luck,
Jig.

Hey Jig
This is a pm from Imadogman on the other site, don't think he would mind me putting it here.
From Imadogman To rc62burke, Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi Lee, I am finally getting away. Flying to cairns tomorrow -- going to try flat creek first, then long gully. 10-12 days all up. Cheers

So he will be there at the same time as you & I
cheers
Lee

Latest posts