First Time and Keen from South West Vic.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

The missus and I are just starting out in the prospecting world and are very much looking forward to the wealth of knowledge that the forums contain. I myself have never been out, but the partner has a couple of times with friends. We've brought the very basics to get us started and plan to combine vanning and prospecting.

Welcome Capp...You have come to the right place. :cool: Once you have racked up ten posts you can access the 'members section' thats where a lot of us can be found a lot of the time. In the meantime you might like to discuss what gear you have and stuff like that...tell us a bit about yourselves .your expectations etc and ten posts will fly by..you can catch up with some of my poetry if you like in the 'poetry section' and my short stories in
'A true story or...Gold in my veins.' Cheers...Rossco. :cool:

G'day Capp welcome to PA I first thought when i read Vanning you were referring to Panning :lol: I'm sure you intended it to read as such :perfect: South West Vic is a big area, which location. There's a few members in the south west who may offer their advice for your location. Get busy and rack up your 10 required posts for the members section to reveal the organised meet ups :beer:

thanks for the welcome guys, when i meant Vanning, I meant taking my caravan out, brought a new one at the start of the year and then co vid hit, so we havent been able to get out at all until the last couple of months. so yeah, "vanning and panning" :) .

Am down on the south west coast, near the Border, little town called Heywood.

I have brought one of those Vanquish 540 detectors (thought i would start with one of the entry models) and am keen to do panwork, coins , relics etc.

Ah cool,I have just joined group and a newbie at prospecting.
We are also living in our caravan in Portland.
Originally from SA ,but got stuck Victoria because of the whole Civic thing.