First Go

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattC

Matt
Reaction score
Well today I loaded the kids into the 4WD and made a trip to Aussie Detecting & Prospecting in Bendigo to have a look at a few entry level detectors. Ended up walking out with a Teknetics Eurotek Pro and a Nokta RS Pinpointer. This is my first detector so I just wanted something that myself and the kids could have a play with whilst we are out 4WDing and hunting.

Couldn't resist when I got home so had a quick swing around the backyard. Heaps of junk but did find our old dogs medallion off her collar. Its been missing for about 10 years and was located at nearly 7" down with the help of the Pin Point function on the Eurotek Pro and the RS Pin Pointer. Also found a small 1/2" nut at about 8" so was pretty happy with the depth.

We also buried a few small pea sized lead sinkers at varying depths up to about 6" and the detector picked them up well. Cant wait to get it out bush now and see what we can find :D

nice, I am planning to have a look around my yard, we are only renting so it might be amazing what other people have left behind.

richard70au said:
nice, I am planning to have a look around my yard, we are only renting so it might be amazing what other people have left behind.
I tried my backyard once. I think it must have been a party house at one stage. Within walking 3 meters I found 10 bottle caps :/
Perhaps I should keep them and sell em for scap lol

Greg

Latest posts