First find with my new ATX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know it's only a dollar coin but it was at around 550-600mm down at Pambula beach in dry fine sand
Only gave me 3 lights to start till miss Mudguts dug a huge hole to reveal our prize
Gave me a smile 3998 to go lol
Can't givd you a image apparently its a bad request what does that mean nugget ???? 8)

Well done....

Won't be long and the goldies will be jumping out of the ground at you now you hve an ATX :)

Mudguts said:
Yeah yeah I know it's only a dollar coin but it was at around 550-600mm down at Pambula beach in dry fine sand
Only gave me 3 lights to start till miss Mudguts dug a huge hole to reveal our prize
Gave me a smile 3998 to go lol
Can't givd you a image apparently its a bad request what does that mean nugget ???? 8)

Congrats on your first find with the ATX.
Re your image problem. Images must be 1 meg or under. Try resizing it.

Cheers

Ramjet

I wish my atx would find a dollar coin at those depths. For me it's a faint signal at 16" maxed out on my beaches I hunt

stalker said:
I wish my atx would find a dollar coin at those depths. For me it's a faint signal at 16" maxed out on my beaches I hunt

Some beaches have more mineralisation than others, a beach in my area has hotrocks that the GPX will ping with a DD coil! This particular beach also has a layer of black sand in areas that can mess with depth too.

Also depends on your settings. I found the best for me is factory reset, no ground balancing, sens @13, iron disc @3 for the wet, 0 in dry and threshold @9.

But yeah depends on the mineralization of particular beaches. I have actually dug a 20c coin over 2 feet in the dry with these settings!

Hi Josh, Hope the same applies for the ATX on Nuggies under the power lines around the Triangle mate. We're off to Laanecoorie and beyond next week so here's hopin'. Just want to find my first. If what applies to a dollar coin works, maybe the same can apply to some gold of the same size........hey that'd be nice!

I've got a few hundred hours on my atx . I use it everyday nearly. I hunt Perth beaches from rocko to Hillary's .
I always do a factory reset on every beach I visit . High up in the dry sand max sensitivity 0 g/b 0 g/t . iron volume 9 . Threshold just off. The only changes I make is on the wet sand with a g/b sensitivity on 9 and another emi scan. Maybe I should use a bit of threshold .

Mackka said:
Hillary,s love the Hippo Restaurant. Best food in town and what a great view. It don,t get any better.
Mackka
(Brissie) :D

Yeah it's a good spot . Found plenty of goodies there. And hippo creek restaurant do a good feed. When I got married that's where we had the reception . It's less than 5 min from my door .. .

G'day guys,
Some of you may have already seen this video on youtube, but if you haven't, and you're chasing more depth with your ATX, this is "MUST" viewing".

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8521

Using the settings shown here, I've found bloody hair pins at nearly 600mm and my most surprising find, considering it's size was about a 1/3 piece of a ring pull at 550 to 600.

Still no gold, but brass buttons, coins, a 1919 copper token are amongst the more interesting finds so far. I found a really small thible one day, but it was so corroded it just crumpled in my fingers when I tried to clean the dirt off it.

Anyway, follow the video. I think with patience, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers, Ron.

RottenRon said:
G'day guys,
Some of you may have already seen this video on youtube, but if you haven't, and you're chasing more depth with your ATX, this is "MUST" viewing".

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8521

Using the settings shown here, I've found bloody hair pins at nearly 600mm and my most surprising find, considering it's size was about a 1/3 piece of a ring pull at 550 to 600.

Still no gold, but brass buttons, coins, a 1919 copper token are amongst the more interesting finds so far. I found a really small thible one day, but it was so corroded it just crumpled in my fingers when I tried to clean the dirt off it.

Anyway, follow the video. I think with patience, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers, Ron.

Bugger,,, sorry guys, I'm not sure what I did there, but I stuffed up the link, so here goes, I'll try again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irXdcKfWnwI

Latest posts