first dog tag

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooster

Darren
Reaction score
15rhy4y.jpg

Well a grand total of $8.90 from a beach hunt last night ... plus my first dog tag ... owners number is on back so rang her and sending it back

Can't complain about that. The other night I only picked up $3.95, but I still had fun.

hi I am new to the forum so I cannot post any pictures yet but when I find a dogtag with a phone number I ring the owner up I say in a muffled voice ,I have your dog ,then give them my bank details,just kidding,I recently found a working dog tag from 1904 ,made my day in 40 degrees,it made my beer, I mean day. :)

judman said:
hi I am new to the forum so I cannot post any pictures yet but when I find a dogtag with a phone number I ring the owner up I say in a muffled voice ,I have your dog ,then give them my bank details,just kidding,I recently found a working dog tag from 1904 ,made my day in 40 degrees,it made my beer, I mean day. :)

Welcome Judman, somehow I don't think your ploy would work considering the dog would either be 111 years old, or already dead. ;)

I also called a couple of dog tag numbers - the owners answered and in all cases already replaced the tag. I asked how long ago they lost it and got a "six months ago" answer. As I found it high up in the dry sand I came to the conclusion that nobody had been detecting there in a while ... :)

Good one Wooster, first of many to come

It looks like your dog may have a multiple personality disorder, pretty sure she is wagging her tail under multiple identities and dropping her collar when being chased down by the dog police.

1426743499_image.jpg

Hey Mr Judman, it might be time you start a thread called 'Dog Tag Finds' as they are a bit of a collectors item in SA.

I think yours would be worthy of being the first. :cool:

good idea wally69,yes I did find it sa,around eudunda last year,when I am able to upload some pics I will,I have moved back to the sunshine coast,Queensland,ah its good to back home,just put the crab pots out,good tides tonight,some good beach bums as well,life's tough :)

Latest posts