FINALLY GOT SOME RUNS ON THE BOARD.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roscoe

Ross
Reaction score
Its been a long wait, but it was worth it. I finally have some runs on the board. I would like to thank A.J for putting me under his wing and fine tuning my detecting techniques, if your reading this thanks mate. :)

1392975711_img_1113.jpg

Now that's some nice looking gold, well down mate. What detector were you using?

Thanks nugget, i was over the moon mate. GPX5000 sens. smooth, ground was hot and emi high. I cannot believe how sensitive this detector is nugget. The small ones weigh in a .2grams and were 4" deep. :)

The hard part is over. The biggest problem is wondering what you are doing wrong. It usually not walking over it. You have done that now so you just have to do more time to get more.

Spot on geof_junk I now know what i was doing wrong and i have all the confidence that more will follow now. :)

Congratulations on breaking the drought, done in style too, how long were you trying ...
Guess we could all benefit from an AJ regardless of our hunting preferences, a bit of helpful experience, as well as assisting in removing errors aids in building confidence.
Well done, Tom.

Teemore, I have been on and off gold detecting for about 2-3yrs. I would say i would have about 100 hours with coil on ground. AJ, Is all mine mate and i wont share him with anyone... :D All the small bits i picked up first, they were a soft mellow signals, but i was not expecting the 7.5 gram piece. The larger piece was sitting about 2" under and i thought it was a piece of junk. It just shows you have to dig all signals. Tenounce, I thought i had gold fever, but now i know i have. :) Lost a bit, I can see why people give up in chasing gold with a detector. I have change my whole aspect of detecting lately. I bought a 5000, went from a hoverer to a scrubber and had an experienced operator fine tune me. As people say, the hardest gold to get is your first piece and that has given me confidence. Well, i felt a weight come off my shoulders when i found those pieces and i know were that weight went. :D

The commander 11" round mono. Heatho, i saw that coil on the day pick up the smallest pieces of gold. The guy i was with has a huge amount of different coils, but he uses the 11" mono 90% of the time. Jaro, i wasn't going to show these pieces off, but i thought other fellas have inspired me on this forum with their pics. so i hope this helps you and other newbies :)

Fever coming on bad now I bet? :D You'll get plenty more I'm sure. I'm inspired by your pic mate thanks for posting it, still searching for my first, just waiting for the weather to cool a touch and will be out having a go soon.

Congrats Roscoe, some great little chunks of inspiration there mate. Hard to beat is the good old 5000, and with the best in detectors comes the best in chances on the nuggets. Your new found confidence will go a long way in harvesting the next lot of nuggets. Best of luck out there,

Cheers Wal.

Roscoe well done mate on such terrific finds. Perseverance has paid off and you enjoy the fruits even more when it is hard. Yep I reckon the drought will break - one thing when you are on the gold fields let me know so i can carry an umbrella! Ian

Roscoe said:
AJ, Is all mine mate and i wont share him with anyone... :D

Just think in the not to distant future you'll be someone else's AJ ..... Stopped at a creek today where a lady, her daughter (or DIL?) and grandchild were having a pan without success, invited them to come and try the spot I was heading to and she was grateful for the advise, was a spot she had been trying to find for some time.
The world is big enough to enable some sharing with people you feel OK with, one of the things that helps make this such a popular and successful site.

Cheers and may the nuggets keep coming,
Tom

Good Job !

Try and learn and keep trying is the method that works ! ( little luck may also help...)

I wish I had the opportunity to go out of my house for the hunt of the yellow stuff.

would like to be in australia 8.(

Firstly congratulations. Awesome stuff.

What areas were you detecting? eg gullies or working around diggings?

The 11" Mono is a great coil.

The key here is research, patience and persistence.

Latest posts