Feedback on Raw Gold course ...... Andrew Bales (Victoria) from past participants

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrew was very open and approachable on any gold related subject
Great review Teemore.

Yep, have only had 2 brief encounters with Andrew but found the same thing. Very approachable, friendly and willing to give you his time.

Think I gleaned enough information to more confidently spend time, and I must admit potentially goldless hours, on most, or part of my trips
Yep, that's the hard bit. Moving from the very likely to get something, to the maybe/perhaps of getting something much more substantial. I do a mix of both now and the 'something much more substantial' is still being elusive ;)

Best of luck with your new knowledge ⛏️

$350 of the hard earned stuff ..... guided detecting sessions are roughly the same, maybe marginally cheaper but really only take you detecting and help with detector settings and stuff ..... trying to get my head around steering clear of known worked areas to concentrate on potential sources. Understand worked areas and have pulled heaps of gold from them but they've been visited by all and sundry and it gets smaller every year.
Consider what your detecting equipment costs. :rolleyes:

Seems fairly reasonable to me and will probably increase your success (and can save a lot of time working over hopeless areas). Gives you something to think about and a bit more focus when out there swinging.

Spent the day today with Andrew Bales. Found the course extremely informative, from the discussion around types of associated rocks, to examining ground from a geology point of view.

It gives you a fresh perspective of exactly what to look for, along with an afternoon spent examining different ground & varying features that should draw your interest to detect an area.

Morning tea & lunch was supplied; food was good!. We also had a visit from Patrick & the Laanecoorie Gold Bash team.

Andrew was extremely professional & delivered explanations in an easy to understand manner. He also was easily approachable at all times.

Well worth the outlay & would recommend the course to anyone wanting to learn from one of the best going around.

Glad you found it useful/informative, certainly spending more time in areas I'd neglected in the past.
Certainly spending more time looking and getting a 3d perspective on the lay of the land, if I come up empty after a morning just revert to old habits to get that "gold fix".
DEDC07BE-503D-4187-9CC8-981DBD9553B7_1_201_a.jpeg

It certainly prompts you to reasess your analysis of an area Teemore. Now I shall put it into practice & see what difference it makes. Certainly does make a lot of sense & will be out on a spot tomorrow to test it out

Bob, if you're local tomorrow give me a call. We can meet up but I still can't swing a detector yet.

Hi all .
I've just booked a spot for Andrews course , happening next Saturday the 19th of November. Hopefully I learn a lot , it's time to move on to bigger and better nuggets, instead of finding the crumbs the old timers left behind . I'll let you know , what the course is like, once it's done .
Cheers

Latest posts