Enfield Vic information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ I was looking on the parks site it said misery creek and 20 meters either side of the creek bed. Is that current?

you'd better download the map mate, its not that simple. the old area is now the excluded area... id print it off and take it out with you. there's a bit of water around but not much, mostly puddles mate after the rain. If you know slaty creek at all there a puddles in between dry creek here and there in the usually spots.

Cheers might just head up to slaty this weekend then if I have the time. I'm hanging to try out my new highbanker properly.

Has anyone had much success in Enfield State Park?
1428490743_enfield_state_park.jpg

Hi PaulFritz
Just joined the forum and just started detecting (yesterday). Live closish to Enfield state park, found lots of metal spikes/pegs and other junk so far. I know of one person who goes there regularly, claims not to find much, but still goes there!!!

Hi PaulFitz ..... Enfield S P still has a lot of gold to give up ..... not sure of the area you highlighted.
I just park at the Shallow Diggings (?) car park.camping area and walk.
Chinese coins, old implements and yes gold as well ..... spread a bit thin but it's there.
Good luck T.

yakuza61 said:
Surface Point car park ?

yakuza61

Sorry, yes that's the one.
Gold x 3
Chinese coin x 1
Tools x 2
But hard yards, stick to between the track and the creek and up against the sluiced (?) area. Uphill from there too much junk (especially near the car park).
Other tracks will also lead to places that have given up gold.
Good luck, T.

G'day all,
just back from my first detecting session with my 2300 alas no joy - I have had a little success panning in the Enfield area but wondering if it is a viable detecting area??

HAs anybody tried/found any gold??

thanks David

hmmmm - Yes - No wonder I wasn't getting any answers - Thanks for setting me straight.

I'm not normally this dumb - yesterday on my first outing I took a bright red bucket with me containing pick, scoop and user instructions (just in case).
Turned it on, put my bucket down and started detecting - 5 mins later I looked around and couldn't find my bucket. Wandered round in the bush for 30 mins and still couldn't find it. I had to go back to the start of the track and re walk the track - not a great start. No wonder I can't find gold when I can't even find a bright red bucket!

Thanks - yes I have the map, spent a bit of time there panning - just wondering whether it was a good detecting area or not.

Thanks for the info - I had seen that too a while ago - but this comment - "Yeah enfield has some extremely steep slopes. Im not sure if enfield is alluvial ground or not because I looked around there and the chinese mines are very deep indicating that its deep lead." made me wonder if I'm wasting my time.

Its like looking for something in the garage - if u are sure it is there you look harder and find it - but if you can't remember if your mate has returned it after borrowing it - you don't look hard enough and miss it.

cheers david

Sounds like some hard work but could be worthwhile if your willing to put the time in. Hopefully Detrack or someone else familar with the area might see this & comment here?

*bump*
Anyone with tips for this area - going to have a crack - somewhere in this gigantic space.