Enfield Vic information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just curious to see if there has been any talk of any gold found in the state park or not?

cheers

Hey Jesse I've had a dig there on quite a few occasions and only found the odd flake, the good news is there is a reef that runs right through Enfield State Park that produced some serious mines, they would find quartz reef that was intersected by cobble which acted like a gold filter, gold nuggets the size of tennis balls apparently however there was no consistency as some loads where at 100 feet and some 300.

Ive got no doubt that if you have the right gear took your time you could find some nice pieces out there with your detector.

Hey Golddigg@,
Thanks for that info had no idea
And I'll have a poke around and see what I can find thanks mate

Cheers!

Found a few small bits of jagged quartz with gold there a few months ago so it is there if you're persistent enough

Morning All.

I'm a newby to Ballarat and having purchased a vlf the new problem is where do I go?

The father in law's house block backs onto the upper section of the Enfield state forrest, is it worth a walk?

Anyone with any knowledge of the area that they want to share would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Morg

hey Morgan82

In short yes, there are a multitude of tailings piles that are perfect for your VLF I found a nice specimen out there 6 months back at the base of a tailing pile. There are some known areas that produce small bits and there were plenty of football size nuggets found in the area at 20 - 40 feet. If you poke around the reefs you should be able to pick up a piece or two, the problem i see with alot of people out there is they walk through the creek and that creek hasn't run for more than a single day in this last 12 months. Its beautiful bush anyway you'll enjoy yourself out there.

Cant take credit for these maps as they were shared with me from another :)

1396860864_enfield_park.jpg
1396860874_1-3d_zps3bdd2105.jpg

1396860874_2-3-3d_zps41575cc7.jpg

1396860874_4-3d_zps59c0e30b.jpg

Gee mate that's a pretty nice free kick. Good share Golddigg. And good luck with the vlf mate hope you find some gold.

Hope to head out today.

Can't thank you all enough. Finding spots can be a bit daunting when you are new to town, the last thing I want to do is wander into an area I shouldn't by mistake.

Once again, cheers for the leg up.

Morg

Redfin said:

Thanks Redfin.

Yes they are awesome.

These maps are perfect for researching so you get a sense where the gullies are and so on.

Are the maps above in the purchase made using the link below?

http://memory-map.com.au/digital-ma...stralia/vicmap-topographic-maps-victoria.html

Also do these ones show the diggings in some places as well?

Thank You

Wolfau said:
Redfin said:

Thanks Redfin.

Yes they are awesome.

These maps are perfect for researching so you get a sense where the gullies are and so on.

Are the maps above in the purchase made using the link below?

http://memory-map.com.au/digital-ma...stralia/vicmap-topographic-maps-victoria.html

Also do these ones show the diggings in some places as well?

Thank You

a very old version 2010 version im sure the new maps would S*&% on the old ones

About $200 which includes postage and the 'never, ever, ever' GST. This will be the best $200 you will ever spend, especially looking for new ground adjacent to existing goldfields. The 3D modelling is excellent as well.

Latest posts