Embarrassed Novice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay.

Be gentle.

Deep sensitive metal detector eBay $135 :8

What a heap of....

Set for gold. No tone (tested on gold ring)
Set for iron and gold, beeps at gold ring.

Prospecting off helge track off porcupine Ridge Rd, beeping at bloody everything.

Damp, drizzle wet ground.

Beep, beep fing beep. :mad:

Need to invest in a Minelab.

Off to the beach to coin hunt.

(did not get lost) :)

Yeah Minelab's your best friend in the prospecting game when it comes to gold and Australian ground conditions. Doesn't guarantee you gold it's only part of the equation (about 30%) the rest comes down to research and boots on the ground :Y:.

RM Outback said:
Yeah Minelab's your best friend in the prospecting game when it comes to gold and Australian ground conditions. Doesn't guarantee you gold it's only part of the equation (about 30%) the rest comes down to research and boots on the ground :Y:.

Thanks for the advice, what annoyed me was the overall inability for it to detect anything accurately ( you get what you pay for) :(

Waved it at a tree branch, it beeped, farted, it beeped. :lol:

Went down the beach for an hour. $1 coin, 1 tent peg and a dozen bottle tops :p

1502518578_orca-image-1502493078763.jpg_1502493078887.jpg

1502519366_img_20170812_102915.jpg

Spot the wallaby :cool:

You pay for what you get but you dont have to spend 5k on a minelab to get results. :Y:
Look around and do your research, buy wisely, do the hard yards and you should get results.

134 More Dollar Coins and it has paid for itself... Then you can throw it in the Bin..... :lol:

My 'Detector' sounds like yours... $1 coins and Bottle tops... wont even do anything on a $2 coin tho :rolleyes: :N:

LW....

LoneWolf said:
134 More Dollar Coins and it has paid for itself... Then you can throw it in the Bin..... :lol:

My 'Detector' sounds like yours... $1 coins and Bottle tops... wont even do anything on a $2 coin tho :rolleyes: :N:

LW....

Wont pick the $2 coins either. :rolleyes:

Genuine Minelab X-terra 505 Metal Detector on eBay for under $500 thoughts? :Y: :)

Hi BW, we pretty much all got into this hobby as novices, but by spending time in the field, discussions with mates, much reading/researching, time on the forum, we get better and find more, and then upgrade our detectors. And the better you get the more exciting and rewarding are our finds and knowledge of geology/vegetation/maps etc . For me. I'll never financially pay off my equipment/trip costs, but the hobby rewards are terrific (mental, fitness etc), as are getting my kids out bush. Hope you can get into this state.

Blackwolf said:
RM Outback said:

Thanks for the advice, what annoyed me was the overall inability for it to detect anything accurately ( you get what you pay for) :(

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...rca-image-1502493078763.jpg_1502493078887.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/10701/1502519366_img_20170812_102915.jpg

Great pictures :Y: good on you for having a crack. At least the $1.00 coin is better than another bottle top :Y:. Like others have said work at it and the rewards will follow, not always in the form of nuggets but golden rewards for your mind sake :Y. Beats thinking about work or mundane realities of life from time to time.

RM Outback said:
Blackwolf said:
RM Outback said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...rca-image-1502493078763.jpg_1502493078887.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/10701/1502519366_img_20170812_102915.jpg

Great pictures :Y: good on you for having a crack. At least the $1.00 coin is better than another bottle top :Y:. Like others have said work at it and the rewards will follow, not always in the form of nuggets but golden rewards for your mind sake :Y:. Beats thinking about work or mundane realities of life from time to time.

Thank Your Lucky Stars it goes beep every now and then and finds a 1or 2 dollars, a friend of mine bought 1 for his kid and the dam thing didn't beep at all.. ended up sending it back and geting money back less some freight and buying a gofind instead... His young bloke is now digging up the yard everywhere now :D

I too have just bought A go-find 20. So far had a beach trip and a small kids park and I've found $10 in different coins and a few old relics (buckle and an old decorative lock), picked it up from BCF for $199 and considering im a novice aswell im really surprised!!! I can not recommend it enough. Obviously I want to upgrade one day to something that has a bigger coil but I will def be passing this rig onto my kids hopefully!

I hate seeing this happen, I gave away some of my machines to folks that got stung, at leased now they got the Real Oil. :Y:

John.

Latest posts