Eldorado stones, A little help please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

As a total novice if someone can help me out IDing these cheers Balx
1389776721_20140115_195738-optimized.jpg

This baby lets the light right through.
1389776767_20140115_195729-optimized.jpg

Black and shiny with some white and brown inclusions
1389776824_20140115_195719-optimized.jpg

Carmel color with tonnes of tiny crystals in it.
1389776875_20140115_195708-optimized.jpg

Swight was kind enough to tell me its Jasper, Its my favorite a really nice red.

Nice piece of jasper there Grant ,that would polish up beautifully. I think the 1st & third ones are quartz , I have a similar one to the second but dont know what it is. Did you get these from Beechworth area ?

Cheers Paul

headbut said:
Nice piece of jasper there Grant ,that would polish up beautifully. I think the 1st & third ones are quartz , I have a similar one to the second but dont know what it is. Did you get these from Beechworth area ?

Cheers Paul
Yes mate, The Jasper will come up good, Found an awesome Quartz crystal maybe 8-10cm long in of all places the car park at the dredge was only missing its tip, but the kids bloody lost it back at the creek. Hate to think how many i left behind in the tailings not checking properly. Dont care about value but I am really enjoying pulling them out.

Your buggered now Balx, once you get the gemstone bug it goes to another level mate. Im moving further from gold and going for gems now. Trying to find the ultimate river of a mix of both but not so far away as beechworth.

I have the same stone from the same area Balx dose that make my sample a Jasper crystal cluster?

I thought that they were pore quality Garnets.

How about this strange one from Reedy ck

I spent 2 weeks up there about 3 year ago metal detecting for artifacts mainly.

Here is my only find.

A gold plated broach.

Cheers Dave..

Latest posts