Echunga SA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windar

Craig
Reaction score
Hi All
Been for a bit if a try at Chapel Hill and Jupiter Creek. New so still have plenty to learn. Still trying to find good ways to deal with the clay but have a couple of different classifers etc.
Would be happy to hear any tips or advice for this area from anyone willing to share.

Noticed a few different layers including a white clay with quarts and iron stone and then a red clay below that. Is one better than the other my testing has been inconclusive at this stage.

Thanks
Craig

Hello. I was a jupitar creek today with the kids near car park picking up little quartz crystals. No diamonds unfortunately but the kids loved it anyway and the rain lately has made it easy to find the crystals. I have seen some areas years ago with shallow pits and an iron stained cememted comglomerate. If you could crush that up you might find some gold in it. I dont know whats in the clay but the original finds were made on the suface where the water had been dripping in the ground. I would like to know exactly were that was. Good luck. Sorry cant be of more help nearly all the gold I found was in Far North Qld. Heres one of the little crystals we found.
1598184913_screenshot_20200823-214341.jpg

Hi Goldfreak
SARIG has the area marked Bells Hill. So near the road and the powerlines at Chapel Hill. Still trying to isolate which is containing the very small gold as i said. Need to take more time but also need to keep an eye on the little ones as they are with me as well. Havent seen the cemented comglomerate yet so will keep an eye out for it.

I have found a few small crystals as we go and given them to the kids only for them to drop them 30 seconds later.....:)
Thanks

Latest posts