Early days with Whites MXT Pro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been stopping on my way home to a couple of parks and spending an hour or so each time getting to know the detector, have dug plenty of ring pulls, bottle tops, soft drink cans and foil. Starting to pick out what to dig and what to leave in the ground.
Also took the detector away on the weekend up to and old mining area in the Vic high country and spent an hour going over what looked to be the mine tailings and found that old rusty nails are as plentiful up there as ring pulls down here. Also managed a small tin box and what looks to be the face of an old padlock. Hot rocks were annoying and I should have taken the time to dig on some of the faint signals from down deep that weren't registering on the display but evident through the speaker, next time I'm there I'll dig out of curiosity.
1414044193_dsc06323.jpg

Items from the mine tailings
1414044193_dsc06325.jpg

Some of the park finds, .22 shells were from another camping trip but the other shells were from the car park in Glen Waverley :eek:

Latest posts