Dry blowing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunollyman

stephen
Reaction score
Hey. Can I ask what are the specs on the blowers people are using for there Dryblower?? Or brands and size?
Got the small dry blower that was at the marybough gold shop :D

We've got a little Keens puffer. I'm not impressed although we've managed a few ounces. I have trouble getting it to puff but Nightjar tells me that I most likely have the wrong cloth. I bought it new but it could have had the wrong part installed. I have to have it full of dusty dirt to puff. If it's only half full or the soil is a but gravelly the airflow doesn't disturb the flow of dirt over the rifles. It's just really hard for a poor outcome.

CreviceSucker said:
I asked my doctor about this only yesterday but he said there is no cure , its just part of the aging process for men.

CS, today I worked my way through the thread "Why are you called that?".

I don't think I saw your name explained ;)

Moneybox
I have friend and myself have the keene electric puffer,can't fault it,catches the finest gold.
If any one will put you straight on the subject it is Nightjar.I had long discussion with peter about the angle of the riffles and as he will tell you they have to be 21 degres,To get correct angle,I have spirit level that tells me when I am at angle.
As I said Nightjar is the Guru on the subject.

thedigger said:
Moneybox
I have friend and myself have the keene electric puffer,can't fault it,catches the finest gold.
If any one will put you straight on the subject it is Nightjar.I had long discussion with peter about the angle of the riffles and as he will tell you they have to be 21 degres,To get correct angle,I have spirit level that tells me when I am at angle.
As I said Nightjar is the Guru on the subject.

Yes, thanks for that. I don't doubt what he says because it fits with what's happening. The only problem is getting back to Reeds to sort it out.

Nightjar said:
Morning MB, A few photos or ideally a video may help to solve your "puffing problem."

Peter, I think you are on the right track because my bellows area ends up with heaps of dirt over the top of the drain plug holes.

I have a keen 140s and its a good thing however I have just moved to QLD so thinking about buying a hand crank Keene mighty midget.

dunollyman said:
Hey. Can I ask what are the specs on the blowers people are using for there Dryblower?? Or brands and size?
I'm in Ma ryborough if you ever want to meet up and discuss it.

Patrick1 said:
dunollyman said:
I'm in Ma ryborough if you ever want to meet up and discuss it.

Sounds like a good idea, if your local we should catch up for a chat over easter :D

dunollyman said:
I picked up an echo blower for mine at the mower joint near coles in m/borough, does alright. pb 251 i think. Used to have the cheapest ryobi you could get at bunnings, moved plenty of air but continuously needed fiddling with because it didnt like the dust much.

bend said:
dunollyman said:
I picked up an echo blower for mine at the mower joint near coles in m/borough, does alright. pb 251 i think. Used to have the cheapest ryobi you could get at bunnings, moved plenty of air but continuously needed fiddling with because it didnt like the dust much.
Hey Patrick how many of the cheap Blowers have we worm through :lol: :lol:

thedigger said:
Hello Peter
Now the sting is :Y: out the weather at the moment,will get out this week with the blower,will post a few pictures of mine working,that might help MB

Looking forward to seeing your results Frank, sometimes envy people like your self who are within a stones throw of the goldfields.
Going to be sure to bring back many bags of dirt this season so I can play with the dryblower through the summer months.

Latest posts