Don't blow yourself up -- warning about portable cookers.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAPFA

NAPFA Official Representative
Reaction score
Thanks Stephen for looking out for us all :) It was brought to our attention a couple of days ago and is a bit worrying.

Cheers

edit = spelling mistake

Sorry -- did not realise it has already been posted.

I am just the 'messenger' so don't shoot me please! :lol:

Good to see Queenslanders are ahead of the times.

Given that there are so many of these out there, and they have been there for so long, I don't understand why it has taken so long to properly test them especially after fire service warning ?

Anyway, I'm not arguing about it. Just posting the information. If it saves one person from an accident then i'll be happy.

cheers

Stephen
President
NAPFA.

rc62burke said:
Hey Guy's
This old news in QLD
I am a Firefighter & we had a safety bulletin about it 5 + years ago with very similar photo's, I have been using these things for 4 years no issue's at all!!!!!!
cheers
Lee

I am an ex Firie as well Lee (30 years NSW) and I won't be throwing out my little gas cooker either. Just about everything in this world will kill you if you are stupid enough.

Just purchased one so thanks.

On a more serious note Steve, how did that GPZ maiden voyage go?

It was good to meet you at Hill End last month, keep up the good NAPFA work. :cool:

NAPFA said:
Sorry -- did not realise it has already been posted.

I am just the 'messenger' so don't shoot me please! :lol:

Good to see Queenslanders are ahead of the times.

Given that there are so many of these out there, and they have been there for so long, I don't understand why it has taken so long to properly test them especially after fire service warning ?

Anyway, I'm not arguing about it. Just posting the information. If it saves one person from an accident then i'll be happy.

cheers

Stephen
President
NAPFA.

I'll still use My 2 every trip No more carting gas bottles around :)

rc62burke said:
Hey Guy's
This old news in QLD
I am a Firefighter & we had a safety bulletin about it 5 + years ago with very similar photo's, I have been using these things for 4 years no issue's at all!!!!!!
cheers
Lee

Me too Lee....however common sense is not universal or common practice :/ ..... use an appropriately sized cooking vessel ie don't go beyond to ends of the pot supports and it's cool :cool: and the gas canister will be too! :D and that hints at the main problem ie reflected heat from oversized cooking vessels!.... hands up who has seen a barbeque plate on 1 stove or set on top of 2 stoves :rolleyes:

casper

SO TRUE:

however common sense is not universal or common practice

And we continue to reduce the level of common sense as we keep making excuses and saving the silly ones.

Latest posts