Gas Cookers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colmaca

Colin
Reaction score
I love them, best thing since man made fire :) but I see this

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/f...rning_on_portable_butane.page?DCSext.ref=Home

Lunchbox_cooker.JPG

I think they are great as well and this is the first time I've heard about any problems with them. I've got two and the older one that's seen better days and still works a treat. I wonder how many people have had issues with theirs? Now how am I going to make my breaky and espresso. :|

We have 3or 4 of these ...
Had them a few years never had any probs with them ....
Will have to check out the numbers when I get back home ....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

I've got two of these, one's model number falls under the recall list above, its several years old and has done a lot of work, never let me down. The other although old, has never been used and does not fall in the model number range, though same brand as my other one :| Oh well, may pension off the "Bad one" and start using the other from now onwards.

Cheers

Ive got a gasmate pc1070 ,, its listed ,, but ive had it for 5 years and never had a problem ,,, I'll keep using mine ,,

I think the problem is some people force the canister to lock in while the gas knob is on causing it to leak ,, or they dont fit the canister properly in the first place ,,,

Great piece of equipment but must have been a few cause injury, they are just so convenient but I've always wondered how safe they really are....

stalker said:
Ive got a gasmate pc1070 ,, its listed ,, but ive had it for 5 years and never had a problem ,,, I'll keep using mine ,,

I think the problem is some people force the canister to lock in while the gas knob is on causing it to leak ,, or they dont fit the canister properly in the first place ,,,

Iv got that same model possibly had it for 10 years +'
Maybe there should be a long list aswell of people that don't read instructions...

The trouble with people is they think they are bulletproof eg. "it won't happen to me". People if you have one of these stoves listed don't take chances dispose of it as requested. the cost to rick, it's not worth the risk. cheers John.

Well considering I found out yesterday that my 10 year old stove is a bomb bit hard to just let the poor thing go just like that....
On the other note maybe these stove company's are over stocked with new stoves and what better way to move them on than to announce all the previous models that lasted longer than origionaly built for are ready for the bin.

To me' And my personal opinion I'm not at all concerned that my precious will blow up but it would be a good idea to bin the old one and buy a new one only because the seals in the old one are due to dry out or fail eventually not to mention all the other moving parts' with that said $25 for a new stove is still cheeper than getting your eyebrows waxed.

Also note some of the stoves In shops brand new will still be on the list'

read the instructions as the can only goes in one way.

calala said:
The trouble with people is they think they are bulletproof eg. "it won't happen to me". People if you have one of these stoves listed don't take chances dispose of it as requested. the cost to rick, it's not worth the risk. cheers John.

Yeah I remember a bloke had to be airlifted out of a camping spot one time after a gas lantern exploded, was not pretty.

Latest posts