donations

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would also be happy to help with a small donation here and there, it is a great forum and it would be great to keep it ad free . I had a look at a few forums in the past and found them to be a bit cliquey but this one had a good feel to it :cool:

Hey Duck,

I'm not sure how I feel about asking for donations, it kind of reminds me of those animal rights people out the front of my local bank hassling every person that goes by for a donation.

Currently I have no plans to display ads to members, only to guests (non logged in users), but I do hope to someday get some sponsors on board for the competition side of things, this might require the sponsors banner to be displayed to members to show our appreciation but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I guess if enough members feel they would like to donate I would be happy to open a PayPal account for the sole purpose of funding the site.

I appreciate the suggestion and look forward to hearing people's views on this.

Hey Nugget,
Well mate you wouldn't really be asking for them to make a donation. The option would be there if they felt like making one. And you cant be expected to keep covering all the costs out of your own pocket ! It would only have to have a few members showing their appreciation by donating a couple of bucks to take the pressure off you . And if it goes into profit then that can cover the prizes :cool:

Cheers mate, when you put it that way it doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. I will put some serious thought into it.

:D
Nugget said:
Hey Duck,

I'm not sure how I feel about asking for donations, it kind of reminds me of those animal rights people out the front of my local bank hassling every person that goes by for a donation.

Currently I have no plans to display ads to members, only to guests (non logged in users), but I do hope to someday get some sponsors on board for the competition side of things, this might require the sponsors banner to be displayed to members to show our appreciation but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I guess if enough members feel they would like to donate I would be happy to open a PayPal account for the sole purpose of funding the site.

I appreciate the suggestion and look forward to hearing people's views on this.

m8 happy to run a gold comp every year or every second year or so :D happy to run a comp and have about 3 winners for the gold :cool:

Hey Nugget,
Noticed the Donate button is up & running
Just threw $20 @ the site but then realised there was nowhere to put a reference there.
It'll be from redsix202 from Yarragon.

Use it how you feel fit - to help pay for running costs or to contribute to a comp prize or what ever.

Cheers bro

Onya Ag ! Only take a few of us to chuck in a couple bucks to cover the expenses eh mate :cool:

True Mystick.

I'm not a wealthy man, but thought even if every active member(thinks theres about 50 with a post count over 5) who could, threw in $10 - $20, then the site would have $500 - $1000 in the kitty...

Surely that would help out & keep the site add free

Totally agree mate , the way i see it Nugget has more than done his bit starting the forum and bringing us all together. And a forum is only as good as its members, luckily i already feel that we are like a little family on here. I have never spent this much time on any forum . But i love seeing what everyone is up to on here even the panners and i dont do any ! Good to chat with you mate, Bill :cool:

Totally agree also, Been here right from start. Told Nugget then that it was the best set up forum & only needed numbers now it has & is continuing to grow. Congradulations Nugget & my offer still stands.

Ag Man said:
Hey Nugget,
Noticed the Donate button is up & running
Just threw $20 @ the site but then realised there was nowhere to put a reference there.
It'll be from redsix202 from Yarragon.

Use it how you feel fit - to help pay for running costs or to contribute to a comp prize or what ever.

Cheers bro

Thank you Ag Man, it's greatly appreciated. You'll receive a PM from me shortly :)

P.S. You can add a reference once you've logged into PayPal "+Add special instructions to the seller:", otherwise a PM to me with the details will be OK.

dave14110 said:
Totally agree also, Been here right from start. Told Nugget then that it was the best set up forum & only needed numbers now it has & is continuing to grow. Congradulations Nugget & my offer still stands.

Cheers Dave, she's full steam ahead now :)

A good idea to keep the forum running, active and the prizes coming. Didn't even notice the donate button :8
Better go and press it and see what happens

Hi All,

I recently expired my membership to a fossil club and not having used it. Having a look at previous chats and seeing what other clubs memberships are, then $20 is reasonable for meeting people, information and access to the site.

Is Paypal the best option for this as i can do transfer this week ---- ( subject to the minister for War and Finance approval )

i will send it off this week if Paypal is good.

Harry

Hey Harry, I'm not too sure what you mean, are you referring to making a contribution to this forum or another site / organisation?

Nugget, i was refering to contributing to this forum -- references from previous experiences. Can we still do it by Paypal ? i have some money coming in from some coin sales.

Harry

Cheers Harry, we don't have any membership fees and the forum will always remain free to use by our members, but at the request of many of our members we now have a Donate button on the top navbar, it takes you to our PayPal payment page, its entirety up to you if you decide to contribute and you can nominate any amount you like.

All funds raised go onto assisting with the cost of web hosting fees, competition prizes and giveaways and any other forum related expense.

Latest posts