Dogs and metal detecting dont mix

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just at Bar beach and the strangest thing happened to me while I was detecting. A pit bull snuck up from behind me and attacked the shaft of my detector, snapped at it like a shark lol. The owner was all over over it pretty quickly but it sure took me by surprise.

Has anyone had anything like that happen?

(Edit: At the time I was detecting at Bar Beach, not Newcastle Beach :/)

I haven't inspected for any damage yet but I'd say it'll be pretty minimal. He only had a quick munch on the shaft before the owner called him back.

I hate Pit bull's had one bite my stomach when I was 17. I was standing swinging punch at it trying to get it of & it still wouldn't let go. I ended up at Hospital to get four stitches & tetnes. Hospital or somebody contacted council & wanted to destroy dog. . The owner was mates with my boss & told his dog to sick em from about forty metres away, the dog did. I know he was only joking but what a stupid joke. Council did not destroy the dog as I didn't take it any further. Not Happy & I believe it was owners fault not the dog. So yes I understand & I've also had dog snap at me while detecting.

Latest posts