Does anyone have their own Claim in Vic? Whats the Go?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

If anyone has been thru the process fail or successful how hard/easy, cost etc. Not necessarily industrial just a place to dig some holes and have some fun? Would love to hear your story especially if its recently.

Hey Balxie, I haven't 'cos I'm fairly new to this caper as well. But I'd sure be interested in sharing a claim not too far from where I am. I can start researching how to go about getting a claim, might start with the DPI in Vic.

I'm about half way through the D'arcy Cooper vids (up to the one where he just fixed up the cabin) and would love to do stuff like dig holes, sampling, panning, crevicing, sniping etc. The golds are just a bonus.

Every bloke needs an "outdoor man cave" hehehe :p

AU

I'm thinking the equivalent to a 'claim' in Aust' is now referred to as a prospecting licence. Very likely I'm wrong as I've only just started to look into it but this link is good reading:

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/earth-res...uirements/prospecting-licence-application-kit

Within 4 weeks after grant of your prospecting licence you are required to mark out the licence boundaries with corner posts, trenches and information plates so that they are readily seen by a person in the area. Before marking out, you must have public liability insurance as required and private land owner/occupiers written consent or, if unable to obtain consent, an authority from DPI, to enter the land.

DPI may require the holder of a prospecting licence to provide a survey plan of the land covered by the licence if it is apparent that failure to provide a survey plan may result in a boundary dispute with a nearby licence.

Cheers

Drewe.

That sounds a bout right drew, I was reading up on these the other day, up to 5 hectares to a depth of 5 metres at $355 a year for up to five years if I read it correctly.

Thanks heaps you blokes, bloody hell looks like there is a bit involved, but no pain no gain.

That costing sounds pretty reasonable - comes down to getting permission from property owner (negotiated) and then the passing through red & green tape (a few less votes for the Greens could help in that regard). As Balx said, would be interesting (for a guy) to hear some stories from those who have been through the process.

Drewe

PS, I wonder what "if unable to obtain consent" means ...... if the property owner refuses it sounds like the DPI can overrule?? Would have to be pretty keen on a parcel of land to go down that path.

I thought claims were abolished last year in Victoria. That's what I was told by a few old fellas down the creek anyway.

Latest posts