Dja Dja Wurrung Plan released excluding prospectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All Eastern States residents with an interest in prospecting need to get LOUD with their local MPs & make an issue of it.
Become active & speak up & be heard. Not on social media. Take it up directly with your gov reps.
We don't have access to state forest in WA, even tho mining companies do :mad: , & if you don't do something about it then it wont be long & you wont be able to prospect in state forests either.

I would also like to visit there 7.62 and I have a lot of respect for this forum however, I have to question some items that are purely confrontational.
I have had no replys , except yours, thank you, and wonder why the angst when , traditionally its not our land to start with.
I just dont understand why it is so difficult for people to understand ownership.
I would like to go to some houses in Point zPiper and claim it for my family, but I am not a first people of this land , so why do people think they can fossick in other peoples back yards.
Give me an address members and. I will have an excavator in your backyard am tomorrow.
Mackka
Just sayin, think about it.

Mackka said:
I still have to ask the question, how many of the forum members have been there in the last ten years?
Mackka

Never

Never been to the Vic goldfields or WA either. Should I not go to then as well?

I have Mackka. I've been to two of the areas in this proposal, a few times over the past 2 years. Prospecting and otherwise (mineral springs etc).

Teemore said:
isolation said:
As a group, there's no point bitching if we're just going to sit here and do nothing about it.

What's the solution?

There are many that are doing something about it, check out BUGU on facebook.
Hopefully many are putting in submissions to VEAC and equally many are making donations to BUGU to allow them to organise some publicity.

I've made a submission, contacted parliamentarians and members from various parties and made a donation to BUGU.

Everyone that contributes in some way is part of the solution ..... those sitting moaning are part of the problem.

Cheers T.

I'm not a part of the Facebook world and don't intend to be. Happy to read any external links

I haven't been there since 1967 Macka.... :koala:

Not everybody is on Facebook.... So some 'other' flow of info may be a better option for those who don't follow facebook...

Spot on Isolation.... The Big Picture... :Y:

LW.....

this thread started with the Victorian plans on park management, have had a geek at the report and its a head spinner, Mackka asked a question on numbers that use the existing parks, only 1 stakeholder mentioned in the reporting the result is the severe limiting of what the public are able to do in these parks, now that report is just something, the native man on the land has evolved since cookie arrived and my guesstimate answer to the question Mackka raised, the locals may go there often people like us from the udder states may perhaps be classified as tourist that boost the economy of an area theres 13508 members of the forum currently 43 members on line and 299 guests we are outnumbered but watching the gold mining garbage on free to air tv lol

Perhaps you'd get more positive replies if there were more than 22 members online right now - and they're mostly from other states.

There are currently 236 users online (20 Members and 216 Guests)

Maybe if the 216 Guests signed up they could lend their voice to the cause
This is at 04:14

Mackka said:
I would also like to visit there 7.62 and I have a lot of respect for this forum however, I have to question some items that are purely confrontational.
I have had no replys , except yours, thank you, and wonder why the angst when , traditionally its not our land to start with.
I just dont understand why it is so difficult for people to understand ownership.
I would like to go to some houses in Point zPiper and claim it for my family, but I am not a first people of this land , so why do people think they can fossick in other peoples back yards.
Give me an address members and. I will have an excavator in your backyard am tomorrow.
Mackka
Just sayin, think about it.

No issue in staying out of someone else's back yard as long as the yard they claim is in fact theirs ? Maybe it belongs to those that were there before those making the claim of ownership? Think about it indeed :argh:
Regardless of what you choose to believe to be correct on this issue the end result either way is another no go area :awful:

For those who have not been to the area? You may well have missed your chance :/

Mackka said:
Can I ask how many prospectors have been there in the last 10 years that are on this forum? Just askin.
Mackka
Yeah I have been there, 3 PA meetup have been held there in the last year or so.
I have detected, used a dryblower and panned in settling ponds.
Very prolific with old timers in caravans, 80-90% do detecting but the ones I have spoken to are not interested in PA or facebook etc.
The whole area is covered in the evidence of mining from last century, big and small. Some bloody big areas got completely surfaced, so it wasn't just one bloke with a shovel and wheelbarrow.
What impact we could possibly have on it today would be a drop in the ocean compared to what has been there for over a century.

Mackka said:
I still dont have an answer.
Mackka

If youre a Victorian prospector then you will have been to one if not all of the locations, and if from interstate they would have most likely been to Maryborough, Bendigo, Inglewood.
The map shows the areas that they want prospecting banned.
These are not out of the way unknown areas they are our major goldfield regions, so to me it seemed like a silly question but if you dont understand Victorian goldfields I suppose its a valid query ......

The real question should be how many Victorians have NEVER been to one of those areas ......

1539728847_8f813374-6bfc-4a6e-88d3-0e1e93f0bb76.jpg

For Victorians (and interstate prospectors who visit Vic) interested in where prospecting 'may' be prohibited I'm trying to get that information direct from those that published the report. I'll post details as/if/when received.

Copy of my letter for those interested .......

I have recently been reviewing your recently released Dhelkuyna Dja Land Management Boards Joint Management Plan for Dja Dja Wurrung Parks - Resources report and trying to access its impact on my activities.

The various Tables (eg TR17, TR18 etc) provide details of activities allowed or not allowed within various areas. However I have been unable to locate, within your published report, specific details of these areas.

The map provided Dja Dja Wurrung Recognition and Settlement Agreement Areas does not go into details of, for example Special Protection Areas or Special Management Areas.

I note that on page (ii) of your report you provide a List of Tables titled Map Titles and Numbers to Guide Park Users, page (xiv)

I assume that these contain details mapping out Special Protection Areas or Special Management Areas? They make references to GB 1a, H1,PR2 etc which I assume would be the maps detailing these areas.

I only have an online soft copy of the report, perhaps these maps were included in a hard copy version.

Could you please provide a copy, either online or hard copy (address below) to allow me to fully understand the impact on my usage of these areas.

Regards,
Tom Mohr

Where did you send it? And can we copy and paste a few details to send also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts