Dja Dja Wurrung Plan released excluding prospectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Some more land that we won't be able to detect on, the final plan if you're interested .....

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...pUhY3sNsIoLlxPArKATOhVbAYK1kdrdJzN90P_Ol2GWgw

1539652038_fullsizeoutput_1a87.jpg

Load of rubbish
Plenty of facts in a book called Cape York The Savage Frontier that places much doubt on many things claimed ? No wonder the author received death threats

I hope we can talk about people's ability to access land being taken away without it becoming a race/political thing and debate being shut down. There are many places being closed to the public for various reasons but I don't see too many places being opened up. I see charges being implemented for things that used to be free but nothing becoming free. Sorry to be so gloomy.

Cross the Jardine River in FNQ and see how "equal" you are? Not sure what heading you may wish to place it under and doesn't even matter. It's simply wrong.
Don't discriminate on colour is fine, but it has to work both ways :mad:

As a group, there's no point bitching if we're just going to sit here and do nothing about it.

What's the solution?

isolation said:
As a group, there's no point bitching if we're just going to sit here and do nothing about it.

What's the solution?

Get some of you educated blokes into government positions that make these decisions :Y: its that simple :Y:

aussiefarmer said:
isolation said:

What's the solution?

Get some of you educated blokes into government positions that make these decisions :Y: its that simple :Y:

Ahh ha! Ok let's get cracking.... Hands up all the edumacated blokes

A bad policy is almost impossible to reverse.
The government is saying there still will be an area available for prospecting? That fails to understand that we have increasing number of participants wanting to prospect on ground that is yielding less and less gold? Non compliance like not filling in holes is going to be more concentrated. Dark days indeed.

It's a Victorian issue at the moment, if you're Victorian and haven't been living under a rock you'd be aware of the that the VEAC is completing what's know as the Central West Investigation into several areas of current Sate Parks where detecting is currently allowed.

Under their proposal they want prospecting banned in those areas. We previously faced potential prospecting bans when the Greater Bendigo National Park was established BUT managed to get prospecting as an allowed activity, something rare in any NP (and all the more reason to stop cowboy prospectors digging and running).

If interested look up Bush Users United Group on FB to get an idea of how the community is reacting.

It may be too late in NSW and Qld but in Vic we currently still have relatively easy access to prospecting grounds.
Suggest everyone checks it out and puts in a submission, even better if they get a load from interstate.

And there's NO racial element to this .... the Dja Dja Wurrung originally had no objection to prospecting but somewhere along the line their views changed. It's simply a fight to retain prospecting rights for all Victorians whether the opposition is indigenous or political.
The intended outcome remains the same, to keep prospecting areas open to all.

It's not as exciting as finding an ounce nugget but needs airing.

Cheers T.

isolation said:

What's the solution?

There are many that are doing something about it, check out BUGU on facebook.
Hopefully many are putting in submissions to VEAC and equally many are making donations to BUGU to allow them to organise some publicity.

I've made a submission, contacted parliamentarians and members from various parties and made a donation to BUGU.

Everyone that contributes in some way is part of the solution ..... those sitting moaning are part of the problem.

Cheers T.

Sweeper said:
Load of rubbish
Plenty of facts in a book called Cape York The Savage Frontier that places much doubt on many things claimed ? No wonder the author received death threats

Cross the Jardine River in FNQ and see how "equal" you are? Not sure what heading you may wish to place it under and doesn't even matter. It's simply wrong.
Don't discriminate on colour is fine, but it has to work both ways mad

Couldn't agree more. I'm N of the Jardine and what goes on up here is absolutely insane. Really don't want to say to much.But most people would be absolutely mortified to what goes on. :argh: :argh:

Like when the barge river crossing changed hands the other crossing where you could drive across
if you were game was dredged out so the only way across was th barge
I spent 3 years up there and yes some things are best no talked about

the states and territories each have their own agenda, run by bureaucrats and the pretend consultation with the so called stake holders, the only way you will win is to become a politician and tell the bureaucrats what to do and sack them bureaucrats with their own agendas that are not for the benefit or greater good of the people of the state,

controllers of destiny, in nsw try get an gold opal card , at least 14 day wait so a rello from QLD is visiting decide to fly down because its easier, the Gocard. the Qld equivalent is not valid in nsw, so Rello" s gotta but an opal card for nsw, but cant get a pensioner one on short notice , gotta but the black opal card well black opal is the most valuable for the gov, i used that stupid navigation unit in my car took me the long way to my destination , found the shortcut back no tolls as i say controlled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts