Dittmer area (Proserpine) Qld Queensland information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys
Does anybody know where the entrance to the mine area is?
Been out to dittmer today but can only find 20 houses in dittmer and no obvious route to get near the mine area.
Thanks in advance

Hi Brucky,

This all I have on it. Was planning on getting there sometime but moved interstate before I could.
1570960808_screenshot_20191013-175712-600x800.jpg

1570960834_screenshot_20191013-175758-600x800.jpg

Cheers

Doug

Hi doug

Thanks for replying.
I've got maps like them but they don't show any obvious mine area entrances lol
I've tried all kinds of websites to try and find info, but nothing exists.
We are going up there again this Saturday and will knock on a few houses to see if we can find any info lol,
I'll post any info I find out so everyone is updated.

Hi All,

Just a quick introduction first, feel free to skip :)

I'm very new to this fascinating hobby as well as quite new to Australia. I am from Poland and always been interested in fossicking. But back to my country, we do not have so many gems & minerals as Aussies do (actually we have almost none), nor the law is particularly in your favour. Treasury owns every piece you find in the ground. You can get however a lot interesting findings, especially from WWII or even Roman times, sadly you can't keep it.
And that's what I love about your Country! A lot more freedom and possibilities. I have travelled a bit around, been to Ararat and Stawell areas, Bendigo, Ballarat and tried gold panning there in running and dry creeks. I haven't fund gold yet, but had a lot of fun. It's really cool to explore old timers maps and I loved Victoria's geovic portal, very helpful. I have been then to Coober Peddy, where I had a bit more luck with Opals, and next went to Mount Isa where found few malachites. As I am continuing my journey through Australia, I am getting more and more interested in fossicking. Your forum is a great source of knowledge!

I have stopped now near Proserpine, QLD and I have read about Dittmer Mine and I was wondering if there is any spot at this time of the year to try panning for gold. Which creeks/rivers I could try checking? I have only a day or 2 so would really appreciate some guidance. Especially if all this area is a private land and if so where to ask for access. Or perhaps there are better places for a novice like me to go?

For equipment, I have a 4wd, pan, shovel, bucket and a lot of energy!

Thanks a lot for any tips!

Lukas

Natmoore said:
Hi Lucas I would also be interested did you have any luck or advice ??

Hi,

Sorry, but I didn't manage to find any spot there.by myself. Seems no one was willing to give any tips. Also I am a foreigner and I prefer not to break any laws by trespassing etc, so I went to Gympie fossicking area. I have panned out few tiny tiny bits. Good for fun! You can try, you just need a shovel to dig out from the creek bank, you can see where people where digging. The depth I was finding bits was maybe half a meter.

Good luck!

Hi,ukasz im also from Polen, and same like you just begin with this hobby my detector just arrive and its good to check somewhere can we get some contact beacouse my eanglish is realy bad , im in sydney , let me know
Thanks in advance

Swa said:
Hi,ukasz im also from Polen, and same like you just begin with this hobby my detector just arrive and its good to check somewhere can we get some contact beacouse my eanglish is realy bad , im in sydney , let me know
Thanks in advance
? ? HMMM ??

Hi Brucky 1972. Did you have any luck finding the entrance? I found one entrance some time ago but I didn't find the main entrance. It was a collapsed timber structure but easy to enter. I didn't enter due to not knowing the air quality inside. Please contact me to discuss some information. Sorry. No email addres's. Cheers. Travis

hookinn said:
Hi Brucky 1972. Did you have any luck finding the entrance? I found one entrance some time ago but I didn't find the main entrance. It was a collapsed timber structure but easy to enter. I didn't enter due to not knowing the air quality inside. Please contact me to discuss some information. Sorry. No email addres's. Cheers. Travis

Hi Travis,

This post is almost a year old and Brucky1972 wrote 2 posts in his 24 hour career on this forum. He joined 13th October 2019 and last logged in on 14th October 2019 so I doubt you'll get any response from him.

Troutman said:
hookinn said:

Hi Travis,

This post is almost a year old and Brucky1972 wrote 2 posts in his 24 hour career on this forum. He joined 13th October 2019 and last logged in on 14th October 2019 so I doubt you'll get any response from him.

No problem.Thank you anyway.

Latest posts