Diggings between Fowlers bay and Ceduna

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Noticed some shallow diggings spread out along the Eyre Highway between Fowlers and Ceduna and got me scratching my head. I figure I'm not the only one who drives the Eyre highway to WA and maybe someone else has taken notice?

They resemble the old timer mullock heaps of the victorian goldfields. I'll get a snap shot on my way home from WA

About 5 years ago we tried to find what looked like a cave south of Caiguna Blow Hole spotted on Google Earth. We travelled a kilometer or so before coming across this little pile. We were expecting it to be a shallow grave so out with the little shovel. I doug and doug and although I pulled up a little bone I couldn't find a body.

1423971939_dscn4249.jpg

By the way if you're crossing the Nullarbor drop in to Caiguna Blow Hole. It's just 30m off the road and if the weather is hot you can enjoy a nice cool breeze. We cross quite often and each time we add a rock to our little pyramid at the turnoff to Cocklebiddy Cave S 32 02.005 E 125 58.346

1423972655_82fa1fbe-5f9c-4c61-b57a-bf53f8dee3fe_l.jpg

There's a lot of work to be done.

Latest posts