digging a hole

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
digging a hole ay....
1465131627_optimized-img_3795.jpg
1465131657_optimized-img_3866.jpg

It's a ancient river system which has been left high and dry. In that area there is a pipe clay bottom (not bedrock) and even though there's good colour all the way through it the high concentration is always at the bottom even bigger chunks depressed down in the clay up to 1foot deep. In his area it would be very profitable to take out a license and work with a trommel and digger!

ballaratgold said:
It's a ancient river system which has been left high and dry. In that area there is a pipe clay bottom (not bedrock) and even though there's good colour all the way through it the high concentration is always at the bottom even bigger chunks depressed down in the clay up to 1foot deep. In his area it would be very profitable to take out a license and work with a trommel and digger!

Ballarat gold wanta catch up ? got some ideas :) pm me if your interested in my ideas :)

Sniffy said:
Hunting the yellow said:
anyone want to know why I chose digging in my back yard ?

Because it would annoy the missus? :)

ha ha no I wanted to dig through a fairly modern basalt volcanic flow in geology terms to reach the possible older auriferous quartz reefs in the older sedimentary rock witch lays under the basalt flow but the basalt was too thick.

pennyweight said:
White pipe clay is polverised quartz due to glacial movement stones would suggest water worn in fact its same as above.

if it was quartz you would get your fingers sliced on the fine shards or gritty like sand on a beach since quartz is quite hard 7 on the moth harness scale I would say broken down sedimentary mudstones and shales just my 2 cents

Latest posts