Did a little bit of sluicing today.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ said:
on the point of garnets on the gold i found some specimens like this myself although a little more reefy and fine. I showed my mate whoe's a geologist who told me its actually decomposed pyrites that have oxidized. may not be the case in your situation but it does look fairly similar. I reckon one of the geos could add some point of view.

Hmmmm! oxidised and decomposed pyrites eh! - some of the gold i get up around Rasberry Creek has those rusty red stains on the chunkier bits.

thanks casper

Can we hav some gps cordinates :eek: Just kidding :lol: could not resist !!!!

Thanks fellas for looking.
I try to keep these little spots under my hat nowadays, not for greed from me but from others.
I tend to stick to the creek bed and crevices, if I give to much away I am sure the gully will end up looking like an open cut mine.
It has happened to many times even to the extent of one fellow damming up the dry gullies and siphoning the water from a dam so he can run a dredge.
You think you got your little spot until greed kicks in and others just seem not to care what they do to get some Au.
But I sluice well away from the source so I have no worries there.
Its hard work but well worth it.
Cheers
Brad...

Latest posts