detector sling - moustache optional extra

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm probably telling some of you how to suck eggs - but I've learnt so much from this forum if what I post helps even one person I'd be happy.

I recently purchased a second hand CTX 3030 and I love it - even though I reckon I'm using about 20% of its potential. I am not a 'small' individual by any means but sometimes if I am on beach for 2-3 hours I have to swap hands to prevent detector fatigue. I wanted some sort of bungy arrangement and looked at quite a few. I could have gone military and set up some webbing, but I had an old crap back pack that looked like it didn't need it's straps. I was going to have the sling across my body but it seemed to move around too much. All the parts except the bungy & the carabiner (which I found in the shed) come from the back pack.

Anyway this is what I did.
1395807731_ctx_3030_plus_moustache_attachment.jpg

1395807731_ctx_3030_sling_back.jpg

I still need to adjust one of the straps as sometimes it runs up too high on my neck. But the parts were free and it works pretty well.

And no I don't go digging up lane ways :)

Best regards

Robert

nice creation mate - i was changing arms with the excalibur every 30 minutes or so because of the poor balance from stock opperation. nearly bought a detector budy but got a hip mount instead :)

I would have loved to see the mustache somehow incorporated into the design (perhaps the bungy could be attached to it or something) but other than, a cleaver idea Robert :)

Hey Sa-bogan, I'm glad I'm not the only one switching hands with the CTX. Hip mount is good?

Nugget, moustache indicates changes in wind direction & speed at the beach, it also stores flavours from ice creams. I can wax the ends of the moustache and then maybe attach bungy to one end, this way I could swing detector just by turning my head, not sure that would be good for the neck.

i dont think you would be able to get one for the ctx , mine is for my excalibur 1000. plus i think your detector is very well designed, but is heavy as well

the sling on ebay looks more comfortable than mine - oh well might have to redesign the padding under the armpit or just buy one.

Latest posts