detech SEF coils offer best performance?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have been thinking of dropping my money on one of these coils to run on my gpx4500 in particular the 18x15 coil but with so much marketing hype around these coils I have a hard time believing the claims these coils are more than just talk. I was hoping someone here has already dropped coin on one of these coils and can shed some light on just how good they really are from personal experience before I spend my hard earned. Here's a link to some performance claims in favor of the detech sef coils. http://www.kellycodetectors.com/excelerator/EXcelleratorMain.htm Apparently 35-55% deeper than conventional DD coils. I don't really see how they could perform better than a conventional round DD coil. What do you guys think? cheers

Okay i just bit the bullet and bought an 18x15 sef to run on the gpx4500. Will test it out against my other coils in the test pit once it arrives and report back to shed some light on it's performance.

Thanks Loamer it seems along with that review I've found mostly positive feedback on these coils so will be looking forward to running the 18x15 in our thrashed out SA fossicking sites to see if it'll give an edge

I only have experience with the 12x10 SEF coil on a Tesoro Lobo and a 15x12 on a Whites MXT. both coils are very good, and because they are a larger size than the stocks get better dept. On the Tesoro Lobo in disc. mode I found the signal much stronger so I run it in disc most of the time in trashy areas...they ground balance well and keep a good threshold. Hope you have good luck with yours...

1396725599_nugget-hunting_pictures_may_2014_016.jpg

Been taking out my 15x10 Detech coil for the past two weeks. I found this 1 gram hopper crystalline specimen apprx. 8 inches down! She aint a big nugg , but she is a pretty little keeper. The other piece .8 grams was down in the clay apprx. 7 inches. I think April will be a good month....

1396725810_nugget-hunting_pictures_may_2014_022.jpg

Latest posts