DD SETTINGS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
We are heading out on the week-end to do a bit detecting, the area is a bit noisy I'm thinking of running a DD on my new 4800 not sure of the settings,

In this area the soil is black with a lot of heavy Iron stone large and small, my hubby has a 5000 he has never tried the DD and seems he never will.

I have read a bit on the DD and want to give it a try due to ground noise. I had a little VLF machine before the 4800 and it could not cope at all in the area, it was a Fisher machine gold bug pro.

Ok for beginner, now I'm back to being a beginner I've only had my 4800 for a few months and only one trip and that was pretty good soil.

Any help will be great

Margaret :)

Hi Margaret
Roughly what area are you detecting? closest town ?
I run an SD2200 with a 14" NF mono coil & can say the ground in most cases in NQ is not too hot for my set up, which would be equivalent to Normal, there are pockets that get noisy & I dig more ground noise but still useable.
Most folks recommend mono's where you can run them, I would suggest enhance or smooth would be fine, I don't know much about the GPX's
With a DD start off with normal then adjust as is required to get it to run quiet as you would do with a mono.
cheers
Lee

Thanks for that Lee I was really being a bit lazy I suppose, I had done a bit of reading on the forum about DD coils, cant remember how far back.

We will be 20ks from town and its all about the gold Nugget.

I'm QLD Rockhampton area I know its all about getting out there and just doing it, learn as you go.

Cheers Margaret

Hi Margaret,

I agree with rc62burke. I have not had a situation yet that warranted using a DD instead of a Mono on my 5000.

Use the DD only if you cannot get satisfactory results from your Mono. (i.e. EMF, ground noise control/balancing etc.)

Cheers

g'day Margaret
if you are going to use a dd on a 4800 then use the normal timing instead of enhance, the gain and stabiliser etc will depend on the ground and day itself, have a play and see how high you can run them on the day before the machine plays up.
regards trashy

Latest posts