Darned back.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillS

Bill Seddon
Reaction score
On Wednesday I drove to the Dunnoly area for a swing with the SDC and to try a new location. The spot did not live up to expectations so I shifted to an old spot to recheck some old ground. I nealed down to dig a signal and bang, the back went. All that for another lead shot!
Tried for another hour to work through the pain but just got too uncomfortable. What really annoys me is that the weather has been so great the last few days and I cannot pick up the detector. There is no justice.
Thinking I may have to wear a brace for a while. Hopefully the back will improve over the next few days and I can get back into it.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope it's very very temporary. I have loved viewing your gold finds, as I'm sure you do. Good luck with it Bill and hope to see you out there shortly,

Thanks BigWave it's the lower back on the left. My wife Annie did a bit of work on it today and feeling a bit better, I hope a week will see it out. Disappointing to drive all that way for two hours of detecting. Managed four tiny pieces for at total of .3gm and at least I got a swing
1476604428_image.jpg

Jeez Bill, but you're still scoring. I remember when you were just a beginner a few months back, and you're really onto it now like a pro. Well done champ!

Speedy recovery Bills, looks like you did better than you thought I can see 5 bits on that coin. Is 1 of them not gold.

Sorry to hear about your back mate take it easy and rub lots of deep heat into it and start wearing a back support when detecting not as young as we use to be mate good to see you got some color but make sure your health comes first.

RM Outback said:
Speedy recovery Bills, looks like you did better than you thought I can see 5 bits on that coin. Is 1 of them not gold.
Sorry mate just count past four.

mate i know how you feel
one you might want to try is called Rapigel (don't let this turn you off but its used on horses and dogs) i get from my local chemist ($22) it has helped me with my elbow (so painful you cant hold anything) and lower back (where you cant bend over) rub it right in and put on a support i rub it in 2-3 times the first day that normally fixes it but then i use a support after that when digging

Looks like we are all succumbing to spinal problems. I'm on Tramadol 100mg but will go higher as the strength is not enough to help my back probs.
Good luck mate - it's a long journey.
Jaros 8.(

BillS,

Best wishes with your back pros a speedy recovery....
Have you thought about a hip stick ...
They take the load off the back....
Just a thought ....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Gee wizz Jaros Tramadol is a pretty powerful drug from my experience. Had a migraine one day and the wife gave me 1, knocked my socks off and put me to bed for about 3 hours, not having those again if I can help it.

Back pain is bad but I've never experienced that sort of back pain. I hope you find pain relief sooner rather than later.

I hope the back gets better soon Bill. Yeah I've got Trammys for my back to. I only take them when it gets really bad though. My back hasn't been too bad for a while now. I might feel it next prospecting trip though as it's been a while.

I can sympathize with those who suffer back pain.
I really had no idea untill I did a syatic nerve due to a herniated disc. It only happend to me once, and lasted just over a week, but I had no idea of how bad the pain could be, it scared me.
Get well soon Bill and Jaro, s.

BigWave said:
Best wishes for your back problems Jaros! Been there, with two ops.

Done my second also BW accident as a 19yr old.
I don't think we were meant to walk upright maybe for another 2000 yrs yet.
feeling for ya bills your finds are good to watch.

davent said:
I can sympathize with those who suffer back pain.
I really had no idea untill I did a syatic nerve due to a herniated disc. It only happend to me once, and lasted just over a week, but I had no idea of how bad the pain could be, it scared me.
Get well soon Bill and Jaro, s.

Yep been there. Had it for 9 months ended up having a back op. That was in 97 it's been pretty good since every now and then it plays up.

Tramadole is the chemical copy of Morphine.
When I had Gallstones I would take two of them with a 20 minute break
between the two of them.
Did not do much or feel anything after. LOL
Not quite as good as Morphine but did the job.
Ga Ga land for a few hours.