Damn Blackberries.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Had my hands full of gear and left the machete in the boot, bad idea. As if the leeches arnt enough.
1397733562_1397726562_1491596_10203062673383820_6582687102285381879_n-optimized.jpg

Hay Blax,
Love all things prospecting except damn blackberries!!!!!
Hope your little co-star wasn't tangled up in them as well.
Get some antiseptic on those scratches mate.

That's not good i think you need a check list with machete at the top ,just joking. Did you find gold .

backcreek said:
Hay Blax,
Love all things prospecting except damn blackberries!!!!!
Hope your little co-star wasn't tangled up in them as well.
Get some antiseptic on those scratches mate.
HAHA he was tagging along yesterday and didnt even make it to the creek before the tears started, was only a reco so dad wasnt cross. Couple more years and he will fill boots tall enough to save his legs.

Jinx said:
That's not good i think you need a check list with machete at the top ,just joking. Did you find gold .
Hey mate, took your secret path, how nice is it down there? Few nice little clearings on the bank to relax as well, the deer are keeping the lawns nice. Golds not bad either.

I will be down there tomorrow to see what i can find .Did you see the old workings .

Be very careful buddy. The Gold is not worth your life. However, on my first real foray into prospecting into Dittmer Creek, falling over into the creek is embarrassing, lucky there is nobody about. I have that creek to myself most days.

My little daughter is into diggers, so as to Mummy about to embark on a Geoscience/Geology career, she loves diggers, be only fitting post grad we get one of the old shafts up here the mining rights to, and work it together, the oldest daughter, who has intell disabilities (from a bad birth) loves to swim. Baby daughter and I, bring Duffer out of the ground.

Yeah amazing, I will be down too left my sluice on the track after cracking it with the blackberries, got to grab it, wont be panning but will say gday if your there. Might even sample those mullock piles might be handy to run them through the banker.

There must be some good gold in them piles ,the old timers were good but not that good .If i don't see you i let you know how i get on.

Jinx said:
There must be some good gold in them piles ,the old timers were good but not that good .If i don't see you i let you know how i get on.
Some of the holes you cant even see the bottom, There is a reef on that bank so obviously worked that pretty hard, I dont think the old timers could have got it all? Guess we will find out.

Think GC had a few wines last night lol. :D

Hemmm I better get some J.D. today.

Damn those Blackberries, do they ever spray them down there?

Heatho said:
Think GC had a few wines last night lol. :D

Hemmm I better get some J.D. today.

Damn those Blackberries, do they ever spray them down there?
Yeah they spray them at parks etc, but out the bush would blow your mind.

Are you allowed to harm blackberries? I once was told by a parks officer to move my 4by off the marram grass while I was fishing at the beach! Of course I didn't... Knowledge is worth it's weight.

Just take some weed control, probably some Roundup to kill the blackberries.

If you go their often enough it would be worthwhile.

Redmanti said:
Just take some weed control, probably some Roundup to kill the blackberries.

If you go their often enough it would be worthwhile.
Research Monsanto and glyphosate and you will never use roundup again. Its basically cancer juice made by a company thats major share holder is the devil, haha. I'll take the scratches anyday.

Latest posts