Dalmorton area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The wife & myself had a weekend at Dalmorton. Just arrived home, we are new to prospecting and any advice on the Dalmorton area would be fantastic, cheers :)

You can go north, south, west or east when you are at Dalmorton. No matter which way you go it can be rugged and hard going.

tonyg said:
The wife & myself had a weekend at Dalmorton. Just arrived home, we are new to prospecting and any advice on the Dalmorton area would be fantastic, cheers :)
Hi, Try detecting all creeks very slow double check crevice on rock bars behind big boulders turn coil on side do the very narrow crevice, their a lot of gold left, Just takes a bit of careful hunting, Ron. Be careful a lot of n/p in that area,

thanks guys,yes we found out just how rugged it is out there last weekend.lmao,the wife is still complaining,lol,im a bit unclear on the use of a hibanker sluice? if its a recirculating one,away from the creek,and you only process the 25kg of material pr day,is it ok to use?

Bumping this because I'm planning to go there in the very near future.
Have any members had any luck with good yellow stuff there?
Cheers

Spent a lot of time as a youngster in dalmorton /buckerumbi area..lots of gold amongst the slate..dout you will find much with a detector these days though. :Y:

I'm off to Dalmorton with 2 mates this Easter we have 3 different detectors and will give it a good go if the weather is good to us. Will post our finds if any.

Mike Marsupial said:
Bumping this because I'm planning to go there in the very near future.
Have any members had any luck with good yellow stuff there?
Cheers
Yes mate there still good colour to be found everywhere there.Just small stuff. :Y:

Good to hear. :) I'll be doing a run down for the Hill End meet-up very soon, so I plan to go via Dalmorton, maybe Nundle too if I have time. Used to go camping up the back of Nundle years ago near the old Chinese dams and other places. A mate's got a rello up there whose grandfather told her there's gold on their property, so might be able to have a look there if my mate can organise it.
But Dalmorton is a must do since it's only a couple of hundred K's (if that) from where I live.
Cheers :)

Latest posts