Cyclones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably shouldn't say this, but We need a good rain in S.A. I'm water trees on my Fathers x property I live on that haven't been watered for 30 odd years.
Trouble is and other in this drought would know if we get heavy rain all on one go it will run off and cause problems. So we would like 75 mm over 4 days please.

Cyclone Trevor as at 0820
1552861210_trevor3.jpg

I agree wishfull, we could do with at least 200mm of steady rain over the next 4 weeks in the bundaberg area, no substantial rain since about november 1917 dam's dry, water table(bore),has dropped 10 feet, put myself on level 1 water restrictions, mrs not happy, i will have to drink more beer, jussssst got to save water for the cleanup sluice :lol: :lol:

Hopefully it makes it to the NT as we are looking at the worst wet season on record and are basically in drought conditions now.

I am a regional fire control officer in the Katherine region and its looking like being the worst year for fire that I can remember, think I need new industry to work in.

Shep said:
Hopefully it makes it to the NT as we are looking at the worst wet season on record and are basically in drought conditions now.

I am a regional fire control officer in the Katherine region and its looking like being the worst year for fire that I can remember, think I need new industry to work in.

So how much rain has Darwin etc.area had this year ? :(

Not sure about darwin but in Katherine I havent had 200mm in my gauge total for the year.
Should be 800mm at least by now for the year. Most creeks havent even flowed yet and the Katherine river is currently at late
dry season levels and running clear.
Last wet was a flop as well, had the first house burn down in April and I reckon this year will be the same. Normally we dont start
mitigation until late June but going to hook in this week I reckon.

LoneWolf said:
There are 3 suspects out there ATM.... Cyclone season isn't over yet.... Just what Far North needs....Not..

Can you post up the link that you use please Jaros?....

LW.....
It's probly this one LW.
Just BOM
1552910278_screenshot_2019-03-18-21-56-23.jpg

looks like it hey ! :D
Here's the link
http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/satellite/?tz=AEST&unit=p23&domain=15&view=34&satSubmit=Refresh+View
just press play and you can watch the last 24 hrs over n over.
got a few settings you can chose
refresh is helpful when you change it around.... before pressing play
I use "false colour temoeratures"

Thanks Silver, i have BoM but couldn't find those pretty colours.... It should travel right across to the NT... Weakening and then Strengthening in the Gulf before hitting the NT... So hopefully they will get a drop or two out of it...

LW.....

Latest posts