Cyclones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridge Runner said:
I was on the Gold Coast a few years back and in normal weather a wave knocked me A over T and I ended up under water by the time I got to my feet I was 300m further down the beach frightened the heck out of me.

Ridge Runner once the seas calm I grab a shot from high up, it fascinating seeing what you can't see from the beach, the rips, long shore gutters, holes etc, all eagerly waiting to catch the unsuspecting swimmer. That's why the patrolled sections are where they are and they move them during a day based on the info supplied by the choppers that patrol constantly.

Dihusky said:
Ridge Runner said:
I was on the Gold Coast a few years back and in normal weather a wave knocked me A over T and I ended up under water by the time I got to my feet I was 300m further down the beach frightened the heck out of me.

Ridge Runner once the seas calm I grab a shot from high up, it fascinating seeing what you can't see from the beach, the rips, long shore gutters, holes etc, all eagerly waiting to catch the unsuspecting swimmer. That's why the patrolled sections are where they are and they move them during a day based on the info supplied by the choppers that patrol constantly.

Cool, We have all heard of rips but that was the first and last time I ever felt what one could do, It's just so powerful and it spun me over and over like a Toy.

John.

Dihusky, you would know of 'Backpackers' Rip, just out the front of Chateau Building... It has been there for years and has claimed many lives.... It moves up and down the beach but is generally in the area... We used it all the time to get out the back real quick....
I have also sent you a TXT...

Nice beach shots Smokey... :perfect:

LW....

Nice one Manpa :) :lol: :lol: ... Your Radio Station must have a Crystal ball as Oma has just been downgraded to a Tropical Low... :Y:

LW...

LoneWolf said:
silver said:

Silver there is another Cyclone in the top of the Picture... Too far away to affect us tho...
The Weather Bureau always like to Err on the side of Caution...

LW....
yep that and Oma were one and the same as it approached the Fiji arena......... then they split and that top one went above NewGuinnea whilst Oma has been hell bent on giving us a nasty fright on its way down to NZ :D

silver said:
Manpa said:
silver said:

Oma was reported for criminal damage and found guilty and is being returned to NZ as it was only here on a visa, not citizenship! :playful: :playful:
I think Oma's sole purpose was to rip our beaches for our PA members. ;)
Unfortunately it put sand back on the beach here mate. :p

Ridge Runner said:
Dihusky said:
Ridge Runner said:

Cool, We have all heard of rips but that was the first and last time I ever felt what one could do, It's just so powerful and it spun me over and over like a Toy.

John.

It sounds funny but when you get caught in a rip, best thing to do is Relax, stick your hand up and go with the flow... Most Drowning's occur when people panic and try to swim back to shore... A rip will only take you just past the Breakers and then you have a good chance of swimming out of them...

LW...

LoneWolf said:
Ridge Runner said:
Dihusky said:
Ridge Runner said:

John.

It sounds funny but when you get caught in a rip, best thing to do is Relax, stick your hand up and go with the flow... Most Drowning's occur when people panic and try to swim back to shore... A rip will only take you just past the Breakers and then you have a good chance of swimming out of them...

LW...
We used to play in then as kids..Let them take us out past the breakers and then swim back in and do it all over again. :)

Another one on the way

1552774067_poss_cyclone_trevor.jpg

There are 3 suspects out there ATM.... Cyclone season isn't over yet.... Just what Far North needs....Not..

Can you post up the link that you use please Jaros?....

LW.....