Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continuing on again from yesterday with the 10x5 coil, not as many goldies today but managed a few extra pre dec coins and a silver ring. One sixpence is toasted and only gave a signal of 12:24, normally for a 50% one it would be around 12:33, so it has lost quite a bit of it's weight I'd say. The junk is extreme here and it's very slow going among it.

1475812634_20161007_142127.jpg

1475812634_20161007_142140.jpg

1475812634_20161007_142148.jpg

1475812634_20161007_142158.jpg

B5MECH said:
Cracker of a ring, it must have been hot out there today
That coil is a serious winner :eek: :)

Very warm out today for sure, picked a nice shady spot under the tree line, not up for detecting in the sun in this heat just yet. :) You'll know the tree line I mean, under all the fig trees and paperbarks along the side of those big sportsfields I've been doing, still been doing the same fields lol.

I think I know which ones, I've been trying to learn how to date a tree age ATM to help me look for older ground
Yet some of the trees I think are more than 50 years old aren't
Horticulture was forgotten about when I became a grease monkey :lol: :lol:

I reckon any tree that provides a bit of shade is a good one to try, especially at sportsfields. It's weird though some fields have heaps of good stuff and then others nearby are barren, I can't work it out, only 1 way to find out for sure. :)

Nothing to see here, just more spendables, predecimals and silver rings. ;) Exceptional as usual Heatho, I pity anyone else intending to detect that area, they are probably wondering why it is so barren of targets. :D

Goldpick said:
Nothing to see here, just more spendables, predecimals and silver rings. ;) Exceptional as usual Heatho, I pity anyone else intending to detect that area, they are probably wondering why it is so barren of targets. :D

Was thinking that the other day myself mate, so glad I was the first to give it a serious good go there. It will replenish fast with moderns but the pre dec coins are getting few and far between except in certain areas. Just cleaning up the trashy spots with the new coil, I'm rapidly running out of areas to detect there though and will need to find some new spots soon.

I'll always keep revisiting this spot even if just for the recent drops but it won't be as fun in the future knowing that most of the old deep stuff is gone. I'm sure I won't have got it all but it's very very diminished.

Those silvers come out of the ground nice and clean in that area 8) Nice hunt, shame about the 1910 8.(

Nice work, this is starting to sound like a mars bar advert, A florin a day helps you work rest and play :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Heatho,
If I'm a gold magnet you would have to be a Florin magnet, keep hounding them.
Cheers, Sinhof.

Goldpick said:
Geez, how many florins is that now from the honey hole - triple figures yet? :)

Not sure mate, I've pulled them from quite a few different spots, though the ones from other spots I can remember, will have to count them all soon. :)

Latest posts