Creeks around Moe

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

y4k

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of any half decent gold bearing creeks around Moe in Vic, just finished a sluice project and want to test it over the weekend but dont want to travel 1000s of miles incase the sluice doesnt perform. Not expecting anyone to give up their hotspot just after a Ck name so i can go wet the equipment. Regards y4k

Not being smart mate but flatten out some sinkers and paint em red then cut up into tiny pieces and throw them into your bucket of gravels .. make sure you know how many you put in and keep em as small as possible up to some nice gram plus pieces .. that way you can test at home without spending hrs in a hole that has no colour and thinking its the sluice and when you do hit the field for real you will have confidence in your machine catching everything that passes through it

If you want to make smaller flakes just use a Rasp on a few lead sinkers' don't get your fingers !

Hi y4k you could try Russel creek or ross gully ' Bullbeaf creek all these creeks are close to Moe near the blue rock dam ,good luck JOHN B

Tks John, took a trip to Russels a few weeks back but weather wasnt being kind so it was cut short unfortunately. I found access to be a problem other than at the bridge but as i say i was time limited and will certainly get back that way asap and do some exploring....Bullbeaf would be a new one for me though ill give it a look, Cheers

Latest posts