Couple more speci's with the AT Gold and a little Australia shaped nug

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavymetal

Luke Atkins
Reaction score
Got a couple more specimens with the Garrett this month and a little Aussie nug from Inglewood.
IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

Very happy with the AT Gold but I can't wait to get an Infinium over these spots.
:p

That little aussie one is pretty cool! Not that the others aren't plenty drool worthy but still

Oh i forgot to ask, what kinda reading do these specimens give? I have seen plenty of lists for varying other types of finds like coins pull tabs etc, but can't seem to find anything on gold numbers

Great stuff HM, can't wait until the weather warms up a bit so I can head back up the mountain.

garnethawkins said:
Oh i forgot to ask, what kinda reading do these specimens give? I have seen plenty of lists for varying other types of finds like coins pull tabs etc, but can't seem to find anything on gold numbers

I have some gold test results laying around here somewhere, so I'll try and update my list this afternoon https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=237. From memory a 1-2 grammar sits between 40-50.

Nugget.

Hi nugget, you seem to always ask about coil's, can you please explain to me why different types of coils matter and what type of coils there are?

Welcome done heavymetal, I hope you are listening to some awesome music while prospecting, that always pumps people up in the morning =)

Sure thing mate. You probably already know that search coils come in a number of different types, shapes and sizes. Certain coil types are simply better suited to certain ground conditions over another, and larger coils generally penetrate deeper etc.

I'm certainly no expert, but if you take a look at this previous post of mine, I explain some of the key differences based on my research and personal experience https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6344#p6344

The reason for me asking which coil was used is because I also run an AT Gold, just curious I guess :p

Nugget.

Nugget said:
Hey HM, can I ask what coil you were using?
Hey Nugget I was using the standard 5 x 8 on those bits. Picked them up no worries. The black speci was on the surface but the other one was down about 4 or 5 inches. The Aussie nug was only about 1 to 2 inches deep.
Cheers

The 5 x 8 is perfectly balanced coil that's for sure. I'm currently looking at adding something a little bigger to the collection, most likely a NEL Hunter.

Latest posts