Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And buy two get one free for $1500 ea.

Hopefully people are getting educated and buy from local distributor network.
Met a couple out bush last year with a fake. They purchased as they thought it was a bargain.

Not happy campers when we compared test nuggets.

Cheers

They are using Minelab stock photo's on their ads so you won't pick them from there.
If you seen a fake in the flesh you could probably pick it on close inspection if you know what to look for (no idea with the GPZ's). As you say though new guys would have no chance. Hopefully some info on what to look out for on the GPZ's comes to light.
GPX here: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5333

That's total BS getting away with that and then we are expected to be courteous towards them as a nation, Ya can't say it's just a few bad apples because there are millions of people over there trying to rip us off, Every brand of detector has been cloned along with every model regardless of the cost, It would be better if the detector companies stopped selling them to foreigners then the chinese wouldn't have one to copy, Another thing that Pee's me off with that ali site is that there is no report button least I couldn't see one that could be used without having to join the site then that puts a person at serious risk which tells me that they are in on the SCAM. they know this stuff is fake yet they do nothing, I think that china's internet should be blocked from sending a signal outside china, Then they can sell all there junk to their own people and we then won't be put at risk. And New detectorists won't have there hobby destroyed on their first outing.

Ded Driver said:
The 1st rule of thumb;
If something sounds too good to be true, then it mot likely is :100: :poop:

Yep but what annoys me is that no one will tell the chinese government to stop doing it, They know it is illegal and they know who is doing it yet they sit back and do nothing, They copy everything from Bic pens to Rolls Royce's and the world governing bodies say nothing, They have meeting with them all the time (the chinese) yet still nothing happens. Why doesn't the Aussie government ban all trade and tourism with china until they stop the theft of Australian products and ideas,

I just can't respect thieves no matter where they come from, I don't even use ML products but their input in to the detecting world has been little short of incredible.

Ridge Runner said:
Ded Driver said:
The 1st rule of thumb;

Yep but what annoys me is that no one will tell the chinese government to stop doing it, They know it is illegal and they know who is doing it yet they sit back and do nothing, They copy everything from Bic pens to Rolls Royce's and the world governing bodies say nothing, They have meeting with them all the time (the chinese) yet still nothing happens. Why doesn't the Aussie government ban all trade and tourism with china until they stop the theft of Australian products and ideas,

I just can't respect thieves no matter where they come from, I don't even use ML products but their input in to the detecting world has been little short of incredible.

Under Chinese law it is not illegal, in fact it is encouraged, the Chinese do not recognise other countries patent laws.
Our only chance is to stop it at the border or point of sale, it's not just detectors, it's just about everything.

Magilla said:
Ridge Runner said:
Ded Driver said:
The 1st rule of thumb;

Under Chinese law it is not illegal, in fact it is encouraged, the Chinese do not recognise other countries patent laws.
Our only chance is to stop it at the border or point of sale, it's not just detectors, it's just about everything.

It does not matter whether china recognises such things as patient laws, the fact is the rest of the world does and as such they should be punished accordingly, If the whole world carried on like they do we would be in a hell of mess, I have seen everything from fake BMW X5's to Garret metal detectors, from Rolex to Breitling and nothing is safe,

I even found Fake or copied ARB Compressors over here on ebay albeit without the ARB stickers on and the blue colour was slightly washed out, But the seller does state that it is not an ARB, but they have copied it just the same.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raptor-4...utput-Diff-Lock-NOT-ARB-Ashcroft/391814492895

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09...ght-to-stop-chinese-copies-of-sawmill/7848394

Lucas successfully sued the chinese copiers.
1547207005_lucas_mill.jpg

Ridge Runner said:
Magilla said:
Ridge Runner said:
Ded Driver said:
The 1st rule of thumb;

It does not matter whether china recognises such things as patient laws, the fact is the rest of the world does and as such they should be punished accordingly, If the whole world carried on like they do we would be in a hell of mess, I have seen everything from fake BMW X5's to Garret metal detectors, from Rolex to Breitling and nothing is safe,

I even found Fake or copied ARB Compressors over here on ebay albeit without the ARB stickers on and the blue colour was slightly washed out, But the seller does state that it is not an ARB, but they have copied it just the same.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raptor-4...utput-Diff-Lock-NOT-ARB-Ashcroft/391814492895

A chinese guy in a BMW X5 drove into my car on the 31st, wonder if it was a fake, lol.

I recently bought 2 micro sd memory card cards through ebay & found they were counterfeits, had the correct labels etc but 64GB was actually 8GB the most annoying thing is that they read as 64GB in whatever you put them in BUT it's not until you go to review your home movie or photos from a camera or files saved from your computer that you find that you have some bits of movie or some photos and lots of empty folders. Ebay always give your money back but in this case I tried to contact ebay so they could ban the seller (based in Hong Kong) I got my money refunded but eBay found that neither the buyer nor the seller was at fault. checked the following day and the seller is still listed and still selling the same cards. How can we stop this type of thing going on when companies won't do anything about the problem presumably because they are getting too much income from them to antagonise them. I thought of sending them to the federal police but I'll probably just get told to be more careful. A while back I bought a Garrett pointer it looks the real deal but doesn't seem to work as well as the ones I see people using on YouTube. It was manufactured in Vietnam but then a lot of detector companies get a Chinese or other company to manufacture their product because labour is cheaper & they make more profit. They don't need to buy a product to copy it we (our companies) give them the blueprints and everything they need to make them. I may be old fashioned but I wish we could go back to the days where a TV or something cost a lot of money so most folks could not afford to have one in every room BUT we had 5 electronics factories in Australia giving work to those that looked for it. Same with cars & just about anything else you can think of. Arrrrrrgh! I hate it, I feel we have been sold out. Anyone know how I can tell if my pointer is genuine?

I think you get what you get on ebay electronics are copied by to many countries if you cant talk to the seller to know what your getting I wouldn't bother I think ebay is short for knock off

crystsol said:
Anyone know how I can tell if my pointer is genuine?

Point it at the Moon.. If it goes off, its fake... :) :)

I like to give it back to them, but twice as hard... I have done this for at least a year now:
China hate me when I buy Turquoise or Malachite from them... When I receive it, first thing I do is the old Bic Lighter flame test and watch it burn and melt. Fake and made with Epoxy Resin...... Soooo
Then I jump on ebay and 'Complain' directly to them... So far I haven't paid a cent for about 1.5 kg of the crap, But gee it looks nice in my Gem Tables... :p :lol: {) :cool: :perfect:
1550321780_img_0234.jpg

Some fake minerals...
http://www.fakeminerals.com/

http://www.the-vug.com/vug/vugfakes.html

LW....

Clearly generic but fair dinkum.
Minelab may have to look at this one.
There are a lot of newbies out there that would be sucked in by this.
Buyer beware..

1551670458_screen_shot_2019-03-04_at_11.29.09_am.jpg
1551670531_screen_shot_2019-03-04_at_11.23.57_am.jpg
1551670638_screen_shot_2019-03-04_at_11.25.32_am.jpg
1551670661_screen_shot_2019-03-04_at_11.25.05_am.jpg

Latest posts