Couldnt help it!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well today I returned the x terra 705 to Anaconda for a refund, they have a 28 day return policy. I Talked myself into wanting the equinox 800, (could have got the 600 today but Ill wait) Will take a few pays to have all of the $$. Rego next week and in NSW the cost is bloody expensive.

Anyway it will give me some time to read more about the 800. I never opened the Xterra had it for two weeks but Ive been flat out at work. Watching users on you tube and researching the unit, Im really looking forward to it! :Y:

No difference between the 600 and 800 aside from some single frequencies (not applicable to multi frequency mode, both 600 and 800 use the same frequencies in multi) 800 also has a few more customisable setting, custom tone breaks for example. 800 does have the gold mode though...

So it comes down too, will you go gold hunting?

My answer to that question was no, so I bought the 600

Just some food for thought

Whichever you choose youll be stoked with, equinox is a great machine

Thanks SA. Totally agree. But Ive got a mate near Bathurst and hes gonna take me out to a spot he frequents and if it turns out I get a few pickers at least Ill hit it regularly. Only and hour or so from home. But I agree if I didnt have this option it would 100% be the 600.

Thanks for the heads up Harry. Must admit Im a bugger for wanting a brand new one. :pickshovel:

Its not just the gold mode mate there are quite a few differences....Especially in the Advanced settings.The 800 gives you a lot more choices if you want to fine tune your detector..These will come in handy in really junky ground ... You will get a much more advanced detector for the extra $300 to $400....But at the end of the day the coins or the gold have to be there to find them. And either detector is a good choice.. :) :Y: :)

Smoky bandit said:
Its not just the gold mode mate there are quite a few differences....Especially in the Advanced settings.The 800 gives you a lot more choices if you want to fine tune your detector..These will come in handy in really junky ground ... You will get a much more advanced detector for the extra $300 to $400....But at the end of the day the coins or the gold have to be there to find them. And either detector is a good choice.. :) :Y: :)

Good to know Bandit cheers :Y:

Latest posts