The new bloke

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all,

Well today the minister of finance and war bought me an x terra duel pack from Anaconda for $539.00. They pricematched another store me and then another 10% which is apparently their policy. So I didnt pay $799! Very happy so was the Mrs.

Eventually Ill get an equinox 800 but for now I want to develop my skills before handing the xterra to my wife. I also grabbed my 8 year old boy a go find 66 and a Minelab 35 pinpointer for us too share. Like most I suppose Ive potholed the backyard so many 50c pieces! Next weekend well head for a public space. Im in the Blacktown area but the family originates from Gunnedah. Fossicking is in my blood, I remember going to the tip as a kid with an uncle looking for treasures (cant do that now, not that Id want to).

In my 40s now and really enjoying detecting its somewhat rekindled the fire to hunt for anything that was once cherished, lost, valuable or not. I suppose I dont have to explain that to you guys. Anyway looking forward to getting to know you.. I canvassed a few forums before registering here which seems to be a good spot for me, lots of knowledge information and from what Ive read good genuine people!

Welcome Fossiker. Don,t be afraid to ask questions, and keep an open mind on the answers
Jim

G'day Fossiker welcome to PA :Y: sounds like there will be plenty of exciting family time ahead :Y: all the best when you get a chance.

Thanks for the welcome all. Appreciate it. Will definately be asking questions, lots to learn here.. thanks. Funny you say that Jaros about the avatar, Steptoe and son and on the buses two of my favourite shows!

Gday all,

Im back on track from my hiatus. Id like to explain my disappearance - if you blokes even remember me.

Last year my 9 year old had been sick for some time with virus like symptoms. 3 times I took him to the GP and he kept giving him antibiotics. Eventually I carried him out to an intensive care ambulance at 4am semi conscious.

Then he spent the next few weeks in Westmead childrens hospital. Turns out he has type 1 diabetes and his blood became toxic or diabetic keytone acidoses. He now has to inject himself 4 times a day for the rest of his life and count every carb he eats.

The symptoms were all there lethargy, inability to hold down fluids and a breath that constantly smelt like acetone or nail polish remover. But all missed by the GP several times we went to him. Hospital Drs were perplexed and even called the GP somewhat unhappy.

Young bloke has had to grow up real quick. But we are back on track now. I have been sticking my head in frequently and looking forward to getting back to some normality.

Looking forward to getting back into it. Hope everyone is well here.

Good to hear they finally got their diagnosis right with the young fella, we're all looking forward to a bit of normality but probably none more than you. Hopefully the equinox sniffs out some goodies for you soon.

Dave79 said:
Good to hear they finally got their diagnosis right with the young fella, we're all looking forward to a bit of normality but probably none more than you. Hopefully the equinox sniffs out some goodies for you soon.

Thanks mate.

Latest posts