Contact Zone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a video on contact zones of dirt where the gold sits, saw one the other day, thought it was Jeff Williams but can't find it, it was real interesting.

Thanks

Len

Been looking there but I can't find the one I saw the other day., don't you hate that.?

Ough cecc,... don't ya just hate it when that happens,.... it'll come back to ya,... if you just relive the moment and follow the old trail back in to it.
Believe in yourself mate,... you can do it. :D

silver said:
Ough cecc,... don't ya just hate it when that happens,.... it'll come back to ya,... if you just relive the moment and follow the old trail back in to it.
Believe in yourself mate,... you can do it. :D

Yeah I'll find it and when I do I'll post it here.

No not this one but it is good. The one I remember watching was actually a bank of what looked like old river wash, and the person in the video was pointing out the contact zones between the top wash the next layer, etc. I know this seems very broad, but do you think I can find it, oh thanks Tath for trying for me. I have used all sorts of keywords but hey, one day, it'll just pop up and I can then share with everyone.

G0lddigg@ said:
might be talking about the old 49ers? they put out some great gear their videos i remember showing some bank layers.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXkVaXg-m3U[/video]

Yeah seen this one, and it's very informative too. Thanks for sharing, the one I saw was more or less talking about a bank, they were discussing, bit like the one I've just posted.

cecc said:
Thanks everyone, just saw these latest, just looking and found this one, it's pretty good. So at least were compiling a good array of video's about the, 'contact zones' for every one to look at if they're interested.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/Snm14HZzsxk[/video]

great video, i love this stuff, blueish greyish clay is often bedrock whihc has decomposed so its important to look for this "original" bedrock level when testing layers.

cecc said:
Horse said:
Check out this Jeff Williams video

Good contact zone info starting at 1:20

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cxuujv_wb4[/video]

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Horse I think this is the one I'm talking about, thanks so much for finding it. Great video by Jeff....yayyy
hahah hes a classic! so common lets goooo...

this bloke is actually a mechanic i love his videos and how to's hes given me a lot of good info over the years. if you're interested in drypanning hes got a great technique.

Yeah I love watching Jeff's video's too, he puts a bit of humor into them, with Slim and Nevada Jack.

cecc said:
Yeahhhhhhhhhh Horse I think this is the one I'm talking about, thanks so much for finding it. Great video by Jeff....yayyy

No worries Cecc.
I like Jeff he is a bit OTT for the show...but hey...the info is good and I enjoy the added flavour.
The New 49ers lead guy is a smart cookie too...he knows his stuff.

Ok Redfin I think I Have seen some of his video's but will check these out, thanks for that.

Len

Latest posts