Coils for Whites TDI Pro Oz Series

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for advice regarding coils for the TDI Pro. The ground I'm looking to detect is quite mineralised, the terrain can be rough and the gold can be small but shallow.

I'm currently reading up on the Razorback 5X10" Elliptical Mono, so I'm hoping someone might be able to provide some feedback on this coil or any suitable alternatives.

http://razorbackcoils.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1640731

viewThumb.jsp

P.S. I'm not really interested in TDI Pro alternatives, just the coils for this machine ;)

Cheers,
Nugget

Nugget contact Brian on 0488 531 098.

Brian is the dealer for those coils in Australian and has been now for a while.

Those coils I think are setup for the TDI as well and if memory serves me right

Brian uses a TDI and he will explain to you how to set up the TDI as well if you need

help. The longreach seems more suited to our soils but the first you mentioned might be tad more
sensitive to the smaller stuff. Not sure.

Mate, the Coiltek, NFs and ML coils reportedly also work on the TDI, in fact, Goldsearch sell the Coiltek coil with the TDI. The field test done with a 14" mono by Goldsearch (the Aust White's dealer) report is at:

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/index.php/tdi-stories/

This field test was done at Tarnagulla, Moliagul and Amherst - Vic. All renowned tough going for mineralisation.Yes, its the dealers report but to be fair, the start-up price for a TDI Pro Oz is excellent for a brand new PI and I have never heard a bad word about them IF run and set-up properly.

I am aware of some copies and directly imported TDIs were not the Oz series, so it may pay to contact Goldsearch.

Thanks guys, I did see the free coil included in the bundle but that's not a bad idea Wolfau. I'll give the guys at Gold Search a call when I'm ready to make the purchase, I'm still researching atm.

I use the 10x5 coiltek joey and the 14x9 goldstalker blitz' the blitz still runs excellent at min pulse delay and still sensitive to my 0.1g test nugget, I also have a 16"round nugget finder if one day I find an area we all dream of.
If your going to buy a razorback coil get the folded 8 as it's very sensitive to tiny gold it's the same as the origional jimmy coil.

Cheers for that, do you know what they mean by folded? I'm not up to speed with that meaning.

Also do you think the folded coils posted above would out perform the Razorback Australian series in the same scenario?

Liz is running the 8x6 NF Sadie over here in WA on some pretty hot ground and is giving the sub grammers a real work out. She's been getting heaps of small ones under .2 grams and the sensitivity of the pro oz has even surprised me in the last few weeks.

We've done some serious comparison testing with this coil on the Pro Oz against the gpx 5000 and it is certainly a very deadly combination punching way above its class.

Running the thresh hold just "off" audible eliminates nearly all the mineralization noise and sacrifices minimal depth. Haven't tried the other coils on the market.....but certainly wouldn't hesitate running a "Sadie" on the Pro Oz any day.

Wal.

Yes I must admit Wal I'm very impressed after seeing what that Sadie coil on the TDI has found hope there lots more yet!

Thanks Wal, I've just been looking into the 8x6 NF Sadie and it certainly looks the goods.

Are you guys happy with the overall depth of the Sadie on the TDI Pro? and do you think it'll be suitable for those Nundle hills?

Is there any difference between Nugget Finder 8" x 6" Sadie and the Nugget Finder 8" x 6" Sadie Advantage?

I had a brief play with the TDI SL when it first came out and wasn't happy with it using the supplied 12" coil. When I strapped on an 11" Commander Mono it transformed it! Had better depth (on the few test nuggets I had with me), ran smoother, was more sensitive, and target signals were sharper. I still prefer the audio of the TDI series over both the Infinium and ATX.

Nugget said:
Is there any difference between Nugget Finder 8" x 6" Sadie and the Nugget Finder 8" x 6" Sadie Advantage?

I can't find anything/anywhere that says Nugget Finder Advantage coils are waterproof?
Found this on the advantage series of coils which appear to be any newer coils from NF.

PERFORMANCE:
New Spec Litz wire--with modified shielding

Improved sensitivity and signal response on small gold

Improved stability particularly on the GPX series. Work on SD & GP range also.

Performance on large deep targets, much the same as the previous model.

HOUSING:
Totally new design, even stronger and more rigid than before, Super Strong Epoxy reinforced Polyurethane bracket.

HIGHLY WATER RESISTANT:
Fully sealed design with O ring sealed cable.
All models have been tested by completely submerging them in .5 mtrs of water for 48 hours.

WEIGHT:
Even though the Advantage range has more wire and a stronger design, weight remains roughly the same as previous models, achieved through innovative design and not cutting corners.

All models are still "Fully bonded with potted windings"

There are some Coiltek coils that are rated as fully waterproof, such as the Platypus & WOT all terrain, while others are only water resistant also:
http://www.coiltekmanufacturing.com.au/links/coil-specifications/#one

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Nugget the folded 8 or folded mono has the tip of the mono loop twisted overlapping into a figure 8 shape but just the tip' this makes it sensitive on tiny targets and better for pin pointing.

g'day
that sounds pretty cool mate, being wound like that do they get rid of emi like the ai coils?
regards tm

Latest posts