Clydesdale Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldgreg

Ben
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just doing some looking around at potential places to go detecting this weekend and iv found a place called 'Clydesdale' which is kind of south west of Guilford. Geovic shows it looking good in terms of history of gold in the area but i tried to see what else i could find on the web and couldnt really see much.

Just wondering if anyone knows the area well or if its worth driving the 2 hours out there for?

Cheers,

Hi mate,
The old quarry is a hard place to detect with all the hot rocks about the place and the old blade scrapings make it tough going. The other side of the road has produced some small pieces from the mullock heaps. Watch out for the snakes saw a couple of big Eastern Browns there last week. Around Castlemaine or Fryers Town are all good spots, Chokem Flats, Murderers gully is also worth a go.
hope this helps.
Cheers db

Clydesdale / Strangways is a hard place to find a spot to go . The Jim Crow creek is on the banned list and people have signs everywhere to keep away . I have history with area.

Thanks for the heads up DB! I think i need to invest in some snake chaps, always worry about the snakes while detecting alone.

Might have a look at a couple of those other places too while im out there, might as well after driving all that way.

Cheers!

Latest posts